Minocqua area smallmouth?

So our group has a trip planned for June 3 and we’re staying in the Minocqua area? Any clue how far along the smallmouth will be? Spawn? Post spawn? This is all assuming that it’ll be ok to travel then. We’re staying at a relatives Vrbo so it’s not like we’ll be running around town or anything. We will bring our own food and supplies. Our only stops will be for fuel as needed.

2. Member
    It snowed up there last weekend and they have had temps in the 20's over night for the last couple days. With that being said, it is supposed to be in the 70's starting next week.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    I think you'll be at the spawn with some fish finished. Our fish in the bigger lakes are holding in about 8-12' of water still since water temps are in the high 40's or low 50's.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

4. Member
    Thanks guys. Any lakes or areas we should concentrate on or avoid?

5. Member
    Last I heard anything within the boundaries of the LDF reservation is closed to non-full time residents (Fence, Little/Big Crawlingstone, etc.). I'll be up there next week and can give you more info.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

6. Member
    Appreciate it! Thanks

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got_musky View Post
    Last I heard anything within the boundaries of the LDF reservation is closed to non-full time residents (Fence, Little/Big Crawlingstone, etc.). I'll be up there next week and can give you more info.
    Oh look, a fib going to Minocqua... How original...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post

2007 Triton TR21XHP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got_musky View Post
    For you perhaps?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    I can't even imagine how unhappy you have to be in life to come on here and start posting things like this.

11. Member
    I surely didn’t mean to start a pissing match on here. Just looking for some insight on the smallmouth fishing. First time up that way. We’ve fished many different areas and somewhere different each year

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I surely didn’t mean to start a pissing match on here. Just looking for some insight on the smallmouth fishing. First time up that way. We’ve fished many different areas and somewhere different each year
    Nah, you're good.

13. Member
    exx1976....He's running for "Dick Of The Year"...left some snotty comment about me "obviously not being a muskie fisherman" this morning.
    Last edited by WisconsinF; 05-14-2020 at 08:32 PM.

14. Member
    I wasn’t either, I guess some people have a problem with others/feel some sort of entitlement fishing public water.
    PM me and I’ll get you some info next week. I don’t feel like being harassed on here for trying to lend a hand.

2007 Triton TR21XHP

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    exx1976....He's running for "Dick Of The Year"...left some snotty comment about me "obviously not being a muskie fisherman" this morning.
    Yep, you're right. It had nothing at all to do with you sticking your hand in the gill plate of a musky. Nothing at all.

16. Member
    Got Musky, come on up. You're welcome anytime, as are the others from Illinois. You guys spend tons of money here every year including sales tax and property tax for some as well. Enjoy what we have. Unfortunately, I had to miss my early spring Illinois musky trip this year.