Thread: Finally home!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Wow, nice ride. Congratulations.

2. Member
    youll probably want to stay with the yamaha or go to a bravo for holeshot. my boat was in thy same shop when you picked up yours (power head replacement) speedwise, you should see 81 to 82 tornament loaded from what i was told by those in the know. beautiful boat though if your in the dfw area send me a message and we can run together, i also have a friend who has a flashed sho on a 625 ran 80 with 3 big boys in her

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camarojockey View Post
    youll probably want to stay with the yamaha or go to a bravo for holeshot. my boat was in thy same shop when you picked up yours (power head replacement) speedwise, you should see 81 to 82 tornament loaded from what i was told by those in the know. beautiful boat though if your in the dfw area send me a message and we can run together, i also have a friend who has a flashed sho on a 625 ran 80 with 3 big boys in her
    what lake you around? Texoma? Definitely will holla when I’m that way

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytime25 View Post
    what lake you around? Texoma? Definitely will holla when I’m that way
    What props were you guys running? On the flashes sho!

5. Member
    So are the 650’s supposed to be faster than the 625’s with the same power? I know the Sho’s run 1-2 mph more than the Merc 4s.

6. Member
    A Blazer boat rep has told several people that they were .I hope the folks buying them will keep us updated on real world numbers.

7. Member
    Nice looking rig, congrats!

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS;11123403[B
    ]So are the 650’s supposed to be faster than the 625’s with the same power?[/B] I know the Sho’s run 1-2 mph more than the Merc 4s.
    So, a bigger heavier boat is going to be faster? That's a first.

9. Member
    I forgot to mention I am running lithium’s so I shaved 180lbs

10. Member
    I am thinking about changing to lithium’s also please keep us updated on how they preform. Thanks in advance

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    So, a bigger heavier boat is going to be faster? That's a first.
    Exactly my thoughts. A boat that is 400 lbs heavier, longer and bit wider is going to be as fast or faster with the same motor as a smaller lighter boat? Just doesn’t make sense logically. But we would really love to see the end numbers you get Jaytime!! Beautiful ride! I will be switching to lithiums in my 625 soon as well.

12. Member
    It could very well possible make plenty sense. If you look at the other post 625/250 setup I question a few things. The 650 comes with the same setback as the 625 but yet it's heavier/longer and is faster????? Maybe the setback is right for the 650 and not the 625. If anyone lives near me, I have 3 50AH lithium in my boat. We could take your three troller batteries out and put mine in and do some testing. I would ask that you also have a 4" jackplate with bolts so we could that as part of testing.

13. Member
    Sir, when you get a chance would you mind taking a picture of the rear storage compartments and bilge compartment areas. Also a picture of the Coolers to show their size. Thank you and what a beautiful boat you have built.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    It could very well possible make plenty sense. If you look at the other post 625/250 setup I question a few things. The 650 comes with the same setback as the 625 but yet it's heavier/longer and is faster????? Maybe the setback is right for the 650 and not the 625. If anyone lives near me, I have 3 50AH lithium in my boat. We could take your three troller batteries out and put mine in and do some testing. I would ask that you also have a 4" jackplate with bolts so we could that as part of testing.
    good point about the setback. As far as the 625’s go, i believe they come with 10” jackplates and I haven’t heard or see anyone else adding to them for more setback. Maybe a set of 2” spacers and going to Lithiums makes a big difference.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    good point about the setback. As far as the 625’s go, i believe they come with 10” jackplates and I haven’t heard or see anyone else adding to them for more setback. Maybe a set of 2” spacers and going to Lithiums makes a big difference.
    That's my point. No one trying anything. Buy a boat and go. There's sooooo much more to setup than just raising/lowering the motor.

16. Member
    I plan on going through multiple props for best results as I did with my Phoenix . I have 6 different ones to try.

17. Member
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on ride quality compared to your previous Phoenix. Let us know what you think of the 650 in rough water. Beautiful ride, sir.

18. Member
    What brand of lithium batterys did you go with ?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWK64 View Post
    What brand of lithium batterys did you go with ?
    ionic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12