Question '87 Skeeter Strada F120 P2P starting point

- '87 Strada F120 (17' boat)
    - '87 Mariner 115 hp
    - 6" manual jackplate (I'm adding, didn't have one when I got it)
    - Stainless prop

Background - I replaced the transom, stringers, added knee braces. Extending the front deck to make three storage areas . Will have three 27 series deep cycle batteries (lead acid) in the floor of the cockpit area. The starting battery will be in the stern.
    Front livewell will be not be re-plumbed, will use it as storage. Not planning on re-plumbing the rear livewell either, I put some insulation around it, to use as a cooler.

- I have no seat time in this boat, got it as a project. -

Where would you start ?

2. Pat Goff
    21 Lazer II
    See what it does, most lazer need a loving touch, but you need your baseline to know where to go. Set it at 4" under pad. Should run pretty well if you don't pack it down too heavy.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Thank you.

4. Member
    Two more questions for you -

- I'm going to install a water pressure gauge. Any idea what it should read?

- What can I expect for mph ?

5. Member
    1.5 to 5 lbs at idle and 12 lbs at WOT. If the motor has been setting I'd put a water pump kit the whole kit not just the impeller in it. Hard to say how fast you'll go with the added weight of the extra battery and the added front deck.

6. Member
    Thank you !

7. Member
    Finally got it out. Hole shot was awesome. Had a top speed of 45.3mph (according to my phone). Max rpm of 46 or 4800, i forget now. I had the jackplate set for 4" under pad (as advised earlier). As I trimmed up, it was cavitating, or so it felt like. Was heading to the ramp, to load, and adjust jackplate. Started having fuel flow issues. Two out of the three carbs where dripping fuel, I need to pull them off, go through them. After that, I'll get it back out. When I got home, I did drop the jackplate 1\4", due to it cavitating. If you think i should put it back, let me know.
    As for the low RPM - It could be prop, jackplate, or a setting on the throttle limit?
    Conditions - Breeze\wind. Fuel - 20 gallons (full). Me - 175#. 20 lbs worth of tools. No tackle\ other gear. Still need to make\install lids for new storage boxes. Prop, quicksilver 21 pitch (or so that's whats stamped on it) SS, it came with the boat.
    Thank You for the advice on where to start!