Ohio River Fishing?

Anyone fish the Ohio River around the Huntington WV area? I have bank fished it many times and have never done much good other than at the Robert C Byrd dam below Gallipolis. I have never been out on it, and may start taking the boat out on it since I live so close, I can see the river from my house.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I fish the Gallipolis pool alot. I live 15 min from river access. Sometimes it can be really good, sometimes I wonder if there is any fish I it. You're talking to a guy that's won a few tournaments on the river too. The best advice I can give u is just fish it and stay patient. It's a huge body of water and changes regularly..

3. Member
    I am below the Gallipolis pool between the Greenup and Gallipolis dams, the Guandotte and Big Sandy rivers flow into the Ohio in that area, never fished much on either of those rivers either.

4. Member
    fish the river a lot and you will get to know all 9 of the large mouth in it by first name!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools