Greenville Crime Rate?

Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to ask about the area being that we’re all pretty like minded people on here. We are moving our family to the Greenville area in a few weeks to live near family. I did a little research and it appears that Greenville’s crime rate is pretty high, significantly higher than where we’re from. Though it seems from visiting like a super nice and safe area. Just curious what you guys think and how you feel about it. I’m not too worried about it but I like to be prepared. I’ve got one in Elementary and one starting middle school yet. I appreciate any feedback an advice you have. Thank you!

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sc/greenville/crime
    Last edited by Craigjc00; 05-11-2020 at 08:47 PM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    East side Pelham rd/ airport/ Taylors area are safe but it is pricey, but they are all sub division mostly. Greer is nice, an alternative is Easley/Powdersville area that's Pickens county. Most all of those areas in the darker shades are inside the city limits. But you can go out any night of the week in downtown Greenville without worries it is very safe downtown.

3. Member
    Like Championman said, Greer, Taylors are nice. You can get a little more bang for the buck in the Easley area. You also might look in Simpsonville. Pickens county is nice, as is Oconee but you're starting to get farther away in Oconee county.
    There are some nice hidden areas in Traveler's Rest as well.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Over near the donaldson center to the toll road is HIGH CRIME!! Nice neighborhoods but constant break-ins around the area. Getting worse around there all the time.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

5. Member
    Thanks for the advice guys! We’re looking really hard at Powdersville schools and Wren schools in Anderson 1 district. I’ve heard nothing but good things and they look good on paper. Please share any thought positive or negative. Thanks again for the advice.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Good choice, plus you're closer to Hartwell. Anderson county has about the lowest taxes out of the three. I-85 is always a treat but there are ways around that too. Agreed Donaldson center area shouldn't even be in the equation.

7. Member
    I live on the south end of Lake Keowee; 50 minutes to downtown Greenville. Best place we have ever lived by far! On the north end of Hartwell, Daniels High School is excellent - lots of Clemson staff have kids in that district.

I have lived in the Wren School area since 1996. Great schools. Crime is not even a problem. Out here in the country we shoot first ask questions later. Getting harder to find affordable homes. My home has more than doubled in value since 1996. Best place I have ever lived. I travel 200 plus days a year all over the country and I try to keep this place a secret. Don’t want this place turning into Atlanta. I can be in Lake Hartwell in 20 min, Lake Russell in 1 hour, Lake Keowee in 30 min, Lake Greenwood in 1 hour and 15 min, Lake Murry in 1 hour and 40 min. , Lake Lanier in 2 hours, Clark Hill in 1 hour 45 min. Thats how I chose this area to live in in the first place. North Anderson County is a great place. And the best part, property taxes are cheap.

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
    2016 Mercury 175 Pro XS

9. Member
    Craig pm me contact info And I’ll call you to try to answer any questions that I can. I’ve lived in and around greenville my entire life and dealt with flipping houses, building houses, selling houses ,etc. I don’t know a lot about the anderson area real estate wise though.