Thread: Tournaments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tournaments

Opened back up May 22nd, thank goodness. We were starting to go through withdrawals
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    I thought it was already open. I heard there were a couple scheduled for Saturday at Barren.

You have a link. All I’m seeing is still closed until further notice.
    All fishing tournaments in Kentucky are suspended until further notice because of the COVID-19 outbreak. The department intends to keep boat ramps open for public use and avoid a complete shutdown due to overcrowding. Compliance with current guidance about mass gatherings and proper social distancing is essential. We encourage the public to continue to enjoy our waterways responsibly. Avoid crowds of any size and practice social distancing to fight the spread of the coronavirus.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    You have a link. All I’m seeing is still closed until further notice.
    All fishing tournaments in Kentucky are suspended until further notice because of the COVID-19 outbreak. The department intends to keep boat ramps open for public use and avoid a complete shutdown due to overcrowding. Compliance with current guidance about mass gatherings and proper social distancing is essential. We encourage the public to continue to enjoy our waterways responsibly. Avoid crowds of any size and practice social distancing to fight the spread of the coronavirus.
    the press release is all over facebook. No regulations on tourny size or anything. I know renegades are opening back up and i think usa bassin td’s got an email also

USA Big Bass scheduled for end of the month just cancelled today

I am a USA Bassin tournament director. I didn’t get anything from anybody. My first tournament is scheduled in a couple weeks. I hope they do open them back up

7. Member
    I am a USA Bassin tournament director. I didn’t get anything from anybody. My first tournament is scheduled in a couple weeks. I hope they do open them back up
    ill send you a pm

8. Member
    Is Barren the only place having tournaments or did other lakes get permission to have them early also?

9. Member
    Good luck with Barren. Water was still up 20’ last weekend and there were only 2 ramps open on the lake. Neither of which would be good ramp to host tournament launch

@kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

11. Member
    This whole situation is hilarious apparently some people have gotten a memo from the governors office but no one has told fish and wildlife. So fish and wildlife is getting hundreds of calls from people trying to confirm the tournaments are open and as far as they know it’s still closed. I’m sure we will get some sort of official statement release by the 22nd but for now you can’t get any confirmation from anyone you can pick the phone up and call.

That’s what I’m seeing and finding as well. Believe me I’m ready to get back fishing tournaments in KY probably more so than most. Stoner I read your link and it’s the same he said she said to me. I don’t have a clue who Mr Drury is or what his official title is. I still haven’t see anything from the governors office. If I e missed it somebody please post link.

13. Member
    any word on post for this?

That’s what I’m seeing and finding as well. Believe me I’m ready to get back fishing tournaments in KY probably more so than most. Stoner I read your link and it’s the same he said she said to me. I don’t have a clue who Mr Drury is or what his official title is. I still haven’t see anything from the governors office. If I e missed it somebody please post link.
    I think most people abided to the “recommendation” to keep ramps from being closed. I know a few still had small tourneys and weighed on the water. I don’t think there was ever any real enforcement just the threat.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

15. Member
    Regardless of who says what, you can bet your hind end that there will be tournaments everywhere this weekend.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Regardless of who says what, you can bet your hind end that there will be tournaments everywhere this weekend.
    I’m sure a few this weekend but the 22nd is when most are planning on starting

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangermikeKY View Post
    I’m sure a few this weekend but the 22nd is when most are planning on starting
    That’s also memorial weekend. Poor lakes
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Would love to know where... itching to go... Send me a message if you know of any...
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

19. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Would love to know where... itching to go... Send me a message if you know of any...

https://www.facebook.com/BarrenRiverFishingLeague/

Here is a copy and paste from their FB page...."Now that tournament fishing is being opened back up on May 22nd officially. We will be starting our regular Saturday morning this Saturday along with our BRFL and continuing them every sat there after.".... It says tournaments are officially opening back up on the 22nd but then it also say they will have one this weekend. Well this weekend is the 16th. They do have a contact phone number listed. If you click on pictures you will find the rules and person whom is the contact along with their phone number. So if you looking for a tournament this weekend the way I understand it Barren will be having one. I would contact them via the FB link or the phone number to confirm its actually this weekend.

After posting this I went back and looked at their FB page again so I am adding to my reply...There is two post made on May 8. The first one is the rules/waiver and the second one is the announcement of tournament at Barren this weekend May 16.

20. Member
    Thanks. I'll add, preferably on a lake that's not 14' over summer pool. haha!
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast