Talon control board

Anyone have any experience changing the control board on a gen 2 12ft talon? Trying to figure out the small sensor screws that are in behind the motor/gearbox. I can not figure out how to get them out without removing the motor but then I’m assuming the spool will loose the cable tension. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Pulling the motor is the best way. Once all the bolts are loosen that holthe motor. Remove the e-ring on the end away from the motor. Find you a 3/8 bolt as long as the whole motor gearbox assembly. As you sliding the motor assembly out follow with the 3/8 bolt. put the motor on the side and then replace the board. Attach the motor by reversing the previous process. Unless you have phone line connections don't snip the two break wires. Are you sure it is the board and not the motor?

3. Member
    I took the unit into a local Repair Center being it would not retract unless I did it manually and has just 3 weeks of mechanical warranty left. They had it for a week and then called and said the board was bad but it was going to take a month to get the part so I picked it up (paid an inspection fee) and ordered and board for a lot less money and have made the repairs myself. I did not remove the motor though as I was uncertain about the spool so I loosened the motor and cut a phillips screw bit in half to fit the tight area and remove the screws behind the gearbox and it worked. The new board came with the phone style connectors for the brake wires. Of course I had to reprogram it to the remotes and checked it out in my garage. All seems to be working like it should.