Thread: Amc

Amc

Anyone get lucky on AMC. I dont own it but popped today on rumors that Amazon was going to buy them. If it is true then I wonder if they are buying them for the actual movies theaters or doing it to tie it in to streaming somehow. Interesting times.
    Last edited by NitroZ7; 05-11-2020 at 05:32 PM.

2. Member
    I wasn’t in it but should have saw it coming. Interesting for sure if it’s true

3. Member
    A story about a rumor came out and it jumps a bunch.

More likely, AMC called Bezos and said "hint at something, so our bigger investors can get out with some skin left....". Now we wait to see if it was a rumor with truth or just a pump and dump scheme for a business that doesn't seem to be very workable in it's current format....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    A story about a rumor came out and it jumps a bunch.

More likely, AMC called Bezos and said "hint at something, so our bigger investors can get out with some skin left....". Now we wait to see if it was a rumor with truth or just a pump and dump scheme for a business that doesn't seem to be very workable in it's current format....
    That thought had crossed my mind. I never really heard of the news source that broke the story also.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    That thought had crossed my mind. I never really heard of the news source that broke the story also.
    Yeah, it definitely could be a fake for a selloff, we'll see tomorrow if that was the case. It would make sense for Amazon to buy them, but I kind of doubt they will, even if they were actually interested.