Thread: Custom Jig rod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bassbme,

I understand that the powers that one company gives may be different from another company. I also understand that these numbers don't tell the whole story, but it gives us a general idea of things like power of the blank.

Unfortunately, I don't measure CCS. RDA just makes more sense to me. My point is that Point Blank said the PB701MHF had an RDA of 525g. It's now updated and it's 630g. I don't understand how they can get those numbers wrong unless they measured the wrong blank. Those numbers are NOT subjective, although it can and will differ from blank to blank. You can change those numbers if you change the working length, but it will not to change by 100g.

I also agree with you. If blank manufacturers would give us CCS and RDA numbers, that would help us out a lot. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm glad Point Blank is doing it though.

2. Member
    I have a custom built on the x ray 736 blank. I also had ALX build me a custom toadface rod. I have to say I love them both but there is just something about the tip on that toadface blank that is just better. I wish I could explain better in words but it's something you just have to feel to truly appreciate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12