12' Talon stuck about 4' down

So I have dual 12' talons with Bluetooth and I have never had an issue for the past 2 seasons however last trip out my Starboard side talon deployed but would not stow on its own. Ended up having to get the socket and wrench. Luckily I have the tilt bracket so that helped.
    anyways, it feels "jammed" and even though now it will go up and down i stopped using it as it feels really jammed when it hits a certain point..

What is the correct method to "flush" I am thinking of flushing and dousing with WD-40 rather than opening this up myself or even worse having to take it off and bring it somewhere that probably is not even open nowadays.

Thanks all

2. Member
    Do not use WD 40. Go buy a can of pledge and use that. If it is sticking at a certain point going up and down the the may be a burr in the in the slot that the jib rindes in. they have a 5 year mechanical warranty. I would bring to an ASC.

3. Member
    I have 2 12 footers too. Every year I extend mine and clean them. With the Tallontilted, I deploy each. On my boat I have to hold the fiberglass tip to keep it from dragging on the ground. Once extended I clean and then give it a coat of the wax I use on the boat. Pledge would work too. I have used WD40. Can't say one is better than the other. 4 years now and no issues and I use them a lot.

Just my experience

John

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born to fish View Post
    I have 2 12 footers too. Every year I extend mine and clean them. With the Tallontilted, I deploy each. On my boat I have to hold the fiberglass tip to keep it from dragging on the ground. Once extended I clean and then give it a coat of the wax I use on the boat. Pledge would work too. I have used WD40. Can't say one is better than the other. 4 years now and no issues and I use them a lot.

Just my experience

John
    Sounds like you got it down pat. I wish more people would do that. Most don't read the manual so they never know to do this.