? For Those Familiar With The Guntersville Area

Because of the whole Covid-19 mess my wife to be and I are planning an abbreviated honeymoon to the Guntersville area. Unfortunately I'm between boats right now so we will be refined to the bank, but we will be going memorial day weekend so probably not a bad thing. My questions are:

1. Does anyone one know of the best bank fishing spots that time of year?
    2. On Google maps, are all the green areas state park areas, and can I pull off and fish these areas if there's no residence or place of business?
    3. In the attached photo, we are possibly staying in the area of the blue dot at the top, so I was wondering if there is fishing access to the banks highlighted in yellow and specifically the one along 227.

Any other good bank fishing areas ANYWHERE on lake guntersville would be good to know as well.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by NiteBite6855; 05-11-2020 at 11:30 AM.

2. Member
    I've seen a lot of fish caught from the bank at Goose Pond Landing.

Seems like I've fished a hump out of the yellow marked are in Monsato. The hump is out off the bank toward the lake. I don't think you'll find it without a boat.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Not sure about bank fishing but you can rent a 16'ish ft boat for the day from the state park and fish Town Creek.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    I’m not the best source for this but I know there are some decent fish caught from the bank inside Guntersville State Park and I believe you can fish the mouth of town creek (the bridge on 227) from the bank .

5. Member
    To my knowledge all the bank is public and fishable from boat ramp at the end of Brown's creek causeway to where it gets to steep near main river bridge of Hwy 431. More water here than you will have time to fish. I am thinking more than a mile and maybe 2 miles. Great access. Ike fishes it when he is here!

I was going to suggest the Brown's Creek ramp area as well.

7. Member
    Fish the bridges.

Thank you for the info, it will be a big help!