86 Astro 1950 battery questions

So I’m on the right loop for my boat finally... all the little odds and ends are coming together amazing for the restoration but now I’m on to the fun part... wiring and electrical but few questions on it is it going to be better to have all my accessories wired to the motor battery or the other battery my trolling motor is wired to my other battery but as for the bulge pump live well and other odds and end like deck lights navigation lights and basically any thing with a wire that’s not from the motor which side is it going to be better to run too there is a switch on the bow that is for a charge side but I’m not sure on how that is all going to work I am installing a water proof solar panel with a regulator on it to help keep the power good threw out but what would you guys do? Wire to the motor battery or wire to the trolling side?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Everything on the motor battery but the trolling motor.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Even if I’m putting a solar on it should I hook that on the motor battery or put it on the trolling side

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieFishin View Post
    Even if I’m putting a solar on it should I hook that on the motor battery or put it on the trolling side
    Only the TM on the TM battery and everything else on the motor battery.

Unless your panel is 4’x4’ or bigger, it won’t have enough output to make any difference to your batteries, and even then you won’t get much help.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Thank you for that bud really gives the insight I was looking for