Prop to pad on 1980? Jack plate height?

I’ve had my 1980 for alittle over a year. Last year it seemed to run fine and get pretty good speeds, atleast around what I was expecting, mid 50s. After I took it out of winter storage and ran it for the first time this year it seems much slower. I live on a river with a lot of current, and when I’m running up River I can get maybe 47-49 if I’m lucky, and going down river only getting maybe 53 if I’m lucky. I played with the manual jack plate a bit and lowered it some because it seemed like I needed to be able to trim up more, and that seemed to help alittle, but I want to start fresh at a certain prop to pad height and adjust it correctly so I can get the most out of the boat and motor. It’s a Mercury 150 four stroke and a 6” manual slide master jack plate. I see other people getting close to 60 mph out of their boat, same setup, so something isn’t set up quite right on mine. I also added power poles this year, but noticed the loss of speed before I added them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I’m getting about the same numbers with a pro xs. I posted about it awhile back and someone said 2” on the jackplate which is where mine was. Frustrating...

Call the factory and talk with Ryan Patterson. When I did the plant tour he told me they had tested most if not all the boat/motor combos and have notes on motor height measurement.

I noticed this same when taking it out the 1st this year as well. I played around with the jack plate height from to 2 - 2 1/2. When I picked up my boat last August it was at 2 1/4 high. The best settings was at 2 or 2 1/4. There was not much difference at all between the two but at 2 1/2 I lost 2 mph. Currently I'm back at the orginal height 2 1/4. But I still wasn't back at the same speeds last year until the water temperature got in the 60s and i new tank of fresh tank of gas and somehow my #'s are back to 55 -57.5 full tank, tournament load, and one person. Not sure it was the tank of gas I put in December before winterizing. I spoke to Merc and they said these engines are so complex all may have a play in it.

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Helix 12 and 9