Power pole fluid leak HELP

Just now discovered a leak under the pump, doesn't appear to be the from the (still black and blue ) lines. Reservoir half empty.
    On one of a set of 8' Pro series II from 2016.
    Never serviced.
    Will the cap leak? It was not real tight? I got a quarter turn out if it.
    Or should I pull the pumps and replace the O ring between the pump and reservoir, and change the fluid while doing that?
    I got a quarter turn out of one of the screws between the pump and reservoir.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Could be cap or reservior itself. Have seen a few reserviors develop a micro crack. I would clean it up good then try to find ground zero of the leak.

3. Member
    Been seeing a bit of a leak in mine lately. Placed some pig-mat around the reservoir until I had the time to address. Last weekend I serviced with new oil, check the screens, etc. Found cap had a crack that was probably the cause of the leak. Called PP and they are sending a new cap. As mentioned in many threads, customer service is second to none with those folks.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frystec View Post
    Been seeing a bit of a leak in mine lately. Placed some pig-mat around the reservoir until I had the time to address. Last weekend I serviced with new oil, check the screens, etc. Found cap had a crack that was probably the cause of the leak. Called PP and they are sending a new cap. As mentioned in many threads, customer service is second to none with those folks.
    That’s a great way to diagnose the leak. You know the leak is coming from the pump area so fill it up with fluid, clean it, then operate the pole until you see where the leak is coming from. If the cap was loose, great, but the cap or reservoir may have a hairline crack.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Glad was cap as mentioned..

6. mikesxpress
    The caps are prone to cracking due to over tighting. This cap is also the vent for the reservoir. They are a standard Parker reservoir cap used on allot of hyd systems. Most hydraulic repair shops and Caterpillar dealers have them for a couple bucks.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The caps are prone to cracking due to over tighting. This cap is also the vent for the reservoir. They are a standard Parker reservoir cap used on allot of hyd systems. Most hydraulic repair shops and Caterpillar dealers have them for a couple bucks.
    powerpole usually send them free

8. mikesxpress
    Offering the info up for those that need a cap immediately. I keep two spares.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Offering the info up for those that need a cap immediately. I keep two spares.

10. Banned
    If the pump has an issue, as long as it isn't the motor, per power-pole they will rebuild the pump / hydraulics and the only charge will be freight. Hope that helps someone.

11. Member
    I have a 2017. Mine is leaking as well and I think it's a fracture in the tank. I've ruled out cap and have wrapped lines with clean paper towel and they come out clean. Did not think of matin boring where the pump goes into the reservoir.