What kind of speed can you expect from a

17 ft Bass Tracker with a 60hp four stroke. Thanks.

A friend of mine has one and he says 36 to 37. He says on the GPS. I have never been on it. He just got it.

3. Member
    They have one that sits on display bat a Mall here. Fine looking boat. Thanks for that info.

4. Member
    Depends on how much it's loaded, my Tracker 175 with a 90 hp motor will only go 40mph loaded with 3 people, equipment and 3 batteries. That's with a 21 pitch 3 blade aluminum prop at max rpm, I have a 22 pitch Laser 2 prop I am going to try. With a 60 hp I would expect 30-35 mph, which is really as fast as you need to go on any of the WV lakes since most of them are narrow windy lakes, except maybe Summersville or Bluestone. I was up at Stonewall Jackson a few weeks ago and there is only a couple places on that lake where I felt safe going 40, and it wasn't for very long, 30 mph was a comfortable speed.

Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    A friend of mine has one and he says 36 to 37. He says on the GPS. I have never been on it. He just got it.
    Mine would run this with the 60 and a ss 14p prop. For the power the speed is decent the holeshot loaded is where they fall short a little bit from the lack of displacement. Light load by myself hit 38 a few times.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Yattes are you looking for a 17 foot boat with a 60HP.

7. #FRB
    If you're looking at the 175txw or the crappie fishing equivilant of that hull get the 75hp motor. Trust me, that motor is a torque monster with literally double the displacement and it's not made in China like the 60hp is. You can expect 41-42mph with the 75hp and boat in stock form. I made mine pretty heavy with the Ultrex and second battery but am still getting 40mph regularly with the HEAVY Ultrex on the nose and a good stainless prop. The stock Black Max prop doesn't carry the load worth a damn.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Member
    Ive gone 38 on the GPS with the stock Black Max 14P by my self, and had a substantially better holeshot than my nephews mid 90's 17' Nitro with 150HP. Since then I have made several additions and changes, now with 13P Trophy Sport it does 35-36 all day long with me and a passenger, still with pretty decent holeshot. That said, I got mine used, if I could turn back the clock and there were any available with the 75HP for a grand or two more, absolutely I would opt for the 75, not only for more displacement, the 75 has more smartcraft features (ones I wish I had) that are not available on my 60HP. Unfortunately there arent many mod-V's on the used market round these parts, and it took me a long time to find one that checked off the appropriate boxes. Overall cant complain, been pretty happy with it. My fishing is split between casting for bass and trolling for northern, I wonder if the 75 would troll as well as the 60?
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    If you're looking at the 175txw or the crappie fishing equivilant of that hull get the 75hp motor. Trust me, that motor is a torque monster with literally double the displacement and it's not made in China like the 60hp is. You can expect 41-42mph with the 75hp and boat in stock form. I made mine pretty heavy with the Ultrex and second battery but am still getting 40mph regularly with the HEAVY Ultrex on the nose and a good stainless prop. The stock Black Max prop doesn't carry the load worth a damn.
    I just bought that boat, my stainless from my opti will not work. What prop, pitch,etc. are you running?

If you want to get a great Holeshot and good speed, 13 pitch Trophy Sport. If top speed with a OK holeshots, 14p SS Vengeance prop.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

11. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassenstose View Post
    I just bought that boat, my stainless from my opti will not work. What prop, pitch,etc. are you running?
    17p Powertech nsr3 is what I have. Got plenty of cupping. Holeshot is good and in the winter by myself max rpm is at 5500. With it heating up here in the humid dirty south max rpm is around 5300ish but I'm OK with that. My 300 pound buddy in the passenger seat MIGHT slow it down 1mph. The 75hp doesn't act like it cares how much weight is in the boat as long as it's balanced.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

How's the no feedback steering? I've had hydraulic steering on my boats for many years now, and wondering if I'll be unhappy with the standard steering.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

13. #FRB
    The NFB steering is OK. Not really smooth when you first start to turn the wheel because it has a catch in it that keeps the boat from doing the circle of death if you fly out without the kill switch hooked. My helm might just be showing a little bit of age but I deal with it. Just started not being fairly smooth this year after owning it 4 years. On long straight runs I do like to just break it over and kick back while the wheel stays locked in place.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

I hit around 34 MPH GPS on a calm day with less then half a tank of gas.

I'm running a spitfire prop, love it.