lake hamilton and quachita

how is the bass and crappie fishing on these 2 the 1st week of july

Tough. You're in the heart of pleasure boat season and both of those lakes are the areas main attraction for pleasure traffic. Plus it'll likely be full on summertime temperature by then. But, bass fishing would be worth a shot from daybreak until the jet skis got going. Primarily topwater fishing. The crappie bite? I haven't spent enough time fishing for crappie during the summer to even give an educated guess.

3. Member
    In the daytime, Bass fishing sucks for the most part..... Night fishing can be fun though. You do have about 2 hours of top water daylight fishing then it's out deep with a big worm in grass or brush.

4. Member
    I'm referring to ouachita.....I wouldn't go near Hamilton..... Too many party boaters. Drunk and a boat don't mix.... Especially at night

Ouachita is going to the better of the 2. There is no way you will get me on Hamilton in the summer! But as stated, DeGray and Nimrod would be my choice. you will have to find the skinny water on Ouachita though to have some success.
    Always Ready!

I live on Hamilton and in addition to the pleasure craft, we have had poor spawns for the last several years (high water events during spawn) and fish population has really suffered. In years past you could find early morning breaking activity on just about every point, now it is non existent.
    I don’t Fish Ouachita much but I spend a lot of time on Degray. Send me a PM the week before you come down and I will let you know what is going on there.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I live on Hamilton and in addition to the pleasure craft, we have had poor spawns for the last several years (high water events during spawn) and fish population has really suffered. In years past you could find early morning breaking activity on just about every point, now it is non existent.
    I don’t Fish Ouachita much but I spend a lot of time on Degray. Send me a PM the week before you come down and I will let you know what is going on there.