MinnKota Mega SI vs Humminbird Mega SI vs Mega 360 SI???

With respect to the display images...

1. Is the MinnKota Ulterra Mega SI transducer as good as the normal Humminbird Mega SI transducer that comes with Helix 9 G3n?
    2. Is the Mega 360 non rotating Mega SI mode as good as the normal Humminbird Mega SI transducer that comes with Helix 9 G3n?

I am going to upgrade my sonar and trolling motor.
    Having a hard time deciding which way to go.

Your opinions appreciated.

1. Don't have a Minnkota MSI transducer.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. Your images are impressive. Are they Standard SI, Mega SI, or Mega SI+?.
    The reason I ask is, I went to the Humminbird website and used the Live chat and asked...

"When using the Mega 360 in non rotating SI mode, is the image Mega+ quality?"

This is the answer I received...

"We have researched the information for the MEGA 360 and if you pull Side imaging from the MEGA 360 you will only get Standard Side Imaging not MEGA or MEGA +."

I thought the Mega 360 was supposed to produce Mega SI quality at least.
    So now I am wondering what its capability really is???

Quote Originally Posted by kd... View Post
    Thanks Wayne. Your images are impressive. Are they Standard SI, Mega SI, or Mega SI+?.
    The reason I ask is, I went to the Humminbird website and used the Live chat and asked...

"When using the Mega 360 in non rotating SI mode, is the image Mega+ quality?"

This is the answer I received...

"We have researched the information for the MEGA 360 and if you pull Side imaging from the MEGA 360 you will only get Standard Side Imaging not MEGA or MEGA +."

I thought the Mega 360 was supposed to produce Mega SI quality at least.
    So now I am wondering what its capability really is???
    What you were told is wrong, the unit still broadcasts the MEGA frequency so the Images are MEGA, you can see the frequency at the bottom left of the screen shots. You can use 455 kHz with the MEGA 360 of you want, then it is not MEGA. MEGA stands for Megahertz-- 1.2 MKz or 1200 kHz

Those are using the MEGA 360 for Side Imaging before installing the MEGA 360 software. I aligned the piezos to look left and right. Sooooo they would be SI+ power.
    The MEGA 360 piezos are about 1/2 the length of the SI+ transducer so the Imaging pulses are not as thin=thinner Imaging pulses produce sharper images.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL