question about J Percy Priest

We are looking for a back up lake to go to for vacation. We were originally going to take a family vacation to LOTW white fish bay in canada. Obviously thats not going to happen now. Our wives now dont want to go to a secluded place like canada so i seen this lake j percy priest by nashville. I cant find alot of info on the lake can someone give me info on how the fishing is for bass and crappie and panfish, and how is the water clarity? thanks

2. Member
    The fishing is generally good. Proximity to Nashville equates to plenty of pressure. The water overall is fairly clear with some mild stain. It mostly has a rock bottom so be careful, if you hit something it will be solid.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    Tim's Ford is about an hour east of Nashville and not quite as pressured. Do some research on it as well. Another option for that area is Woods Reservoir.

5. Member
    If you fish Priest, do it with a graph that has an up to date chart. You can run aground on Priest out in the middle of the lake... there are a LOT of places like that compared to a traditional deep-water lake. The stones river is a narrow channel that winds like a snake through the Percy Priest impoundment.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

6. Member
    JPP gets hammered with tournaments daily, and come Saturday, someone will always bring 18+ lbs to the scales. Fishing is great for bass and crappie. But as stated, be cautious, you can get into trouble pretty quick if you aren't paying attention. You can get on the Navionics page and look at the contours of the lake. Fate Sanders Marina is the main ramp/marina that the tournaments go out of.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

7. Member
    Thanks guys for the info

8. Member
    You also have old Hickory lake. That’s not as rocky as priest and is located a little closer to Nashville within two hours you have several choices of lakes

9. Member
    Dale hollow lake is where i would go

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Stratos176xt View Post
    Dale hollow lake is where i would go
    +1
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

11. Member
    Fished old hickory past 2 weekends , last sat , 2boats 3 people total , had bout 40 bass in 5 or 6 hrs. Only hand full measured . Which ever place u decide , get out at daylight and in round noon or it gets crazy busy

12. Member
    You go go to Douglas Lake and stay around Dandridge it’s not to far from Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains Or you could rent a boat trailer friendly cabin around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge and fish Douglas and Cherokee.