3 blade or 4 blade for x19

I have an x19 with a 175 SHO. Top speed on the boat is in line with what I expected (low 60’s) but I have to trim all the way out to get there and the steering is really stiff. The boat seems to want to handle and steer like it should at about 3/4 trim. I have a 23p t2 Sho prop worked by Mark and a 22p tempest plus. Both are 3 blade. Do y’all think a 4 blade would be worth trying?

I’m not unhappy with what I have. I’d just like to be able to hit top end with a little less trim (where you feel that sweet spot in the steering wheel) if possible.

BTW, it's on a hydraulic jackplate and it feels like it needs to trim out all the way even with motor running high.
    Last edited by ajw18; 05-10-2020 at 10:59 AM.

You might want to try a Rev4... It has less steering torque than any 4 blade I have run. Has lots of lift too. You might try a 21P depending on your rpms now.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I switched from a tempest to a trophy and really like the over all feel and performance (disclaimer your results may differ).
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I used to run a PT TRO-4 on my X19 150, But I think I would have liked the Rev4 better.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Thanks.

I’m getting max speed at about 5800 rpm trimmed out all the way. The boat rides great and seldom wants to walk but the steering wheel doesn’t want to move at all. I can trim down to about 3/4 and the boat turns like a dream but my rpm comes down to about 5200 and speed drops at least 5 mph, probably more. I can get higher rpm by raising motor but I don’t gain any speed. The jackplate seems to run best at about 12 on the gauge which is about 2.5 or 2 PTP IIRC. I have to trim all the way out and lift the motor almost all the way on the jackplate to get to unsafe water pressure and over revs.

Like I said, I’m not unhappy with what I have. I could keep it forever and be happy with either of the props I have now but why let y’all’s wealth of knowledge and experience go untapped?

I’ll look into the props y’all suggested. I also thought about trying to go down one more pitch on a 3 blade tempest plus or similar. Think that might let me run well at lower trim or would it just give me higher rpm with everything else the same?

Thanks again, guys.

You may need some weld bead grinding under the outer steps. Sounds like its stuck to the water

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector