Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    Bill, if you like the style of keeper on your Lunker City Pro-Lite, you should try these jigheads for Keitechs.
    https://zmanfishing.com/store/catego...ners/headlockz

The gap between the head and the keeper makes a huge difference in bait retention over the Lunker City. I've used both. The HeadlockZ allows the plastic to mold back over the keeper. No super glue needed, but it won't hurt. Lead barbs or wire barbs rip the plastic going in, and eventually rip through. I havent found a jighead that lengthens the life of Keitechs any better. They do have a Mustad 2X hook. Pretty stout, but theyre designed for inshore SW fish.
    Thanks, I really like the through line treble for open water but still use a jig head around vegetation. I will give these a try.
    BTW: Concerning the rivet barrel to provide a line guide through the lure body: the head of the rivet barrel gets pulled up into the lure body over time and eventually tears through. I solved this with a drop of super glue on the rivet barrel when I install It in the lure body.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    For me the only rigging on keitechs that lasts multiple fish is some kind of weedless screwlock (ie owner flashy swimmer). Even if you superglue them to a jighead the bait will rip down the length of the hook shank...then you get a bait that is connected to the jighead by the nose but the rest of it flopping about.

I had 12 smallies on the same 4" EZ shiner rigged on 1/0 flashy swimmer the other day, a record.

I use 4.8 keitechs for lm topwater and they tear them up.
    When they.are.real bad I put them in.a bag and later at home get out my solding iron and.melt them back together.
    Paul

4. Member
    Just the nature of the beast with Kaitechs. They're real soft and easily torn. Kaitech is what I usually prefer to use. A similar bait would be the 6th sense baits. Not quite a soft but last longer and the action is very similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12