Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Try something. Take all the weight you can out of the boat and try it alone. How much do you weigh? If you can remove the trolling motor also and battery for it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slotcarracr View Post
    how many splines are there on it 14? put a 11 pitch on it part number 5111-093-11 solas the problem is there is no way you will ever get the boat up so there is not alot of slip from the friction
    Slotcarracr…. I'm curious why the 3 blade 11 pitch instead of the 3 blade 10 pitch that was on it? I'm about to type a separate update on what I tried and what happened...but I'm curious what your rationale is here, because it seems opposite of what I was thinking (and what I thought didn't work).

3. Member
    So... I bought a Solas 4 blade 8.75" 7P prop, and it was not successful, but there was MAJOR change. I went from 4600 RPM to around 7000 RPM WOT (engine is rated for 5400-6100). I felt what I assume was prop slip (does that mean the hup spun?) in the higher RPMs....it felt like it was "chunking" for lack of a better descriptions. My speed stayed the same, around 7.4 mph.

I'm assuming going from the 9" to the 8.75" (with visibly smaller prop blades / lower per blade surface area) increased my RPMs. I had read that I'd lose 4-500 going to 4 blade, but I assume the smaller blade size was the difference.

I'm wondering if I should stay to the 7P 4 blade and go to a 10" Solas instead to slow the RPM and increase surface area of the prop.

Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12