Looking to buy Falcon boat real soon!

I am looking to buy a falcon 19 f205 with 250 SHO.
    I am wanting to get opinions on this boat and had a few questions.
    it’s coming with factory options and an ultrex but they don’t seem to have an equipment list. So what I need to know is how much I am going to need to spend to get the boat right after I get it.

Do they come setup right from the factory such as jackplate size and prop? Which prop and jackplate should I get if it doesn’t have the right stuff.

Is 72-73 mph realistic loaded?

Are the stock 8 Helix’s linked down side mega?

Tell me about these marine master two year warranty trailers?

Are talons to heavy?

Are you guys happy over all with your boat?

What Cons do you have? So far I have only heard the good.

I am just about ready to pull the trigger so any input is greatly appreciated

thank you

2. Member
    Buy mine for sale on here with a G2. It’ll save you some money, has just under 8 years warranty, and already setup and ready to go (likely with more bells and whistles than most).

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    Buy mine for sale on here with a G2. It’ll save you some money, has just under 8 years warranty, and already setup and ready to go (likely with more bells and whistles than most).

great boat to buy!!! looks good and fully loaded!!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 05-11-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I second the buying of 1rudebee's boat. How can you not look at that deal with the way its set up with that amazing warranty? And its super sharp looking!

5. Member
    I did look at 1rudebee's boat, but I am really looking for a 4 stroke. Also the deal I am getting on the boat I am looking at is significantly cheaper and the boat is practically new. Thanks for letting me know about it though. If this deal falls through I will think about it some more.

Any chance you guys can answer any of the questions I asked?

6. Member
    72-74 is very realistic depending on load and water temps. They are stock Helix 9’s. One is SI and the other is DI. IF the are Gen3 units for 2019 model year the are pretty good units for stock! They should be linked but the dealer can verify for you. IF it has a z-lock fixed jackplate it’s likely an 8’’. They will set it where most they’ve tested run well. But everyone is a little different depending on your load an if you put talons, blades, etc on the back, and how many batteries. I prefer the hydraulic plate because you can adjust much easier. The z-lock plate on my first one was a royal pain to adjust. The altas on my current boat is a must to me! The stock marine master trailers are ok. I got a channel ez loader for mine and bigger wheels and like it better. But the stock marine master is fine. Actually for unloading on shallow ramps I prefer the smaller wheels/tires compared to bigger ones like mine. But normal ramps mine are no issue to load/unload. Talons are usually a bit heavier than blades. But, don’t know that would deter me from buying talons. They are more compact which I like. They will also be able to do the “one boat network” with your birds and ultrex which is very slick! Love the boat. I wish it was 4-5 mph faster. But, my back feels much better at the end of the day with the much softer ride. Anymore with all the big boat traffic, the soft ride is more valuable to me than a boat that will scare 80mph. But, that’s me. The 205 is a great boat! I think you’ll like it with the SHO just fine! I prefer the G2 because it’s lighter, slightly better hole shot, and maybe slightly faster top end. Plus, G2 is cleaner than the others. To each their own though. HOpe this helps answer some questions for you.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    72-74 is very realistic depending on load and water temps. They are stock Helix 9’s. One is SI and the other is DI. IF the are Gen3 units for 2019 model year the are pretty good units for stock! They should be linked but the dealer can verify for you. IF it has a z-lock fixed jackplate it’s likely an 8’’. They will set it where most they’ve tested run well. But everyone is a little different depending on your load an if you put talons, blades, etc on the back, and how many batteries. I prefer the hydraulic plate because you can adjust much easier. The z-lock plate on my first one was a royal pain to adjust. The altas on my current boat is a must to me! The stock marine master trailers are ok. I got a channel ez loader for mine and bigger wheels and like it better. But the stock marine master is fine. Actually for unloading on shallow ramps I prefer the smaller wheels/tires compared to bigger ones like mine. But normal ramps mine are no issue to load/unload. Talons are usually a bit heavier than blades. But, don’t know that would deter me from buying talons. They are more compact which I like. They will also be able to do the “one boat network” with your birds and ultrex which is very slick! Love the boat. I wish it was 4-5 mph faster. But, my back feels much better at the end of the day with the much softer ride. Anymore with all the big boat traffic, the soft ride is more valuable to me than a boat that will scare 80mph. But, that’s me. The 205 is a great boat! I think you’ll like it with the SHO just fine! I prefer the G2 because it’s lighter, slightly better hole shot, and maybe slightly faster top end. Plus, G2 is cleaner than the others. To each their own though. HOpe this helps answer some questions for you.

Great info, thanks. I am actually getting the boat for 49k with 4 demo hours. That deal got me to start looking at falcon, I am coming from a tin boat. I have a bad back so the ride is the key issue for me.

8. Member
    Cant go wrong with the 205 ride....i can attest with the zlock jack plate because I own rudebee's previous boat LOL its AWFUL. If it comes with one I would get it negotiated on changing it before you purchase it. Everything rudebee stated is on point though. I also like the idea of the G2 burning much cleaner and performance wise its all there....plus when you hear a G2 on the water I think its the best sounding motor. Ive had mine up to 73 with another guy and she had more to go I backed off. Thats with a boat completely full of tackle, two guys and almost a full tank of fuel. Id also try working in Lithiums if you want better performance as well. Was a huge game changer in my boat. I understand the reasoning for wanting a 4 stroke but G2's oil fill is actually right on top of the motor....nothing in the boat....no spills no mess no nothing....extremely easy. Goodluck on your purchase. Show us a pic of her!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

9. Member
    That sounds like a nice deal. One of the best prices I have heard of for a 20ft with a 250. Add in decent electronics and talons and that is lot of what you need.... All the new motors are great from what I have seen...(and they all have problems) TBH my boat runs (merc 4 stroke) is not picky at all with the jackplate settings. Get it close to 3" below pad and she runs what she runs. There were a few minor QC or finish problems with mine but I fixed most of them myself. Falcons may not be the best boat money can buy but they are certainly the top contender for how much am I getting for my dollar. (and I think they are a top 5 in the money can buy category as well) Solid boats that ride very well and fish great... Plus you get to explain to everyone what it is...

10. Member
    Well I am now a Falcon owner and I am loving that big deck.

A66762A7-378D-4205-AF5A-7CF24F391DCE.jpeg

11. Member

12. Member
    Nice looking boat. Love the ride and holeshot on my F21TE. Only suggestion would be a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" and knee space is at a premium. And my frequent partner wants more rod storage.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnnfishnfool View Post
    Nice looking boat. Love the ride and holeshot on my F21TE. Only suggestion would be a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" and knee space is at a premium. And my frequent partner wants more rod storage.
    Yeah I could use some more leg room as wel. Now I need to get it dialed in.

14. Member
    Nice one! Enjoy!

15. Member
    Welcome to the Blue Family!!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

16. Member
    Thanks everyone!