New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

pedestal seat bushing

trying to find which pedestal seat bushing I need for my 1990 Ranger 374V for my front seat post I think the post is 1.77 size ,West marine sells some bushing but don't know which to look for one of them says the od is 1.668 or something the other doesn't state what size it is any suggestions. Ranger just to difficult right now to deal with thanks
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    snap-lok base? springfield?

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Springfield snap clip I think it’s called

4. Member
    I had to edit my reply. Are you looking for the Springfield bushing repair kit?
    I had a .75” pedestal seat for my partner and I used this adaptor bushing. But I have also purchased the repair kit from springfield because the thin sleeve got too much slop on the front deck. Just not sure which one you are after

https://www.amazon.com/Swivl-Eze-ADAPTER-BUSHING-1-77X3-SP-14000/dp/B005NI4Q1I

Sprinfield repair kit. Come with 2 bushings (taper lock and spring lock). You will have one left over. On ebay and amazon.
    http://www.springfieldgrp.com/produc...se-repair-kits
    Last edited by djb750; 05-09-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Just looking for the straight bushing already have the wooden dowel and glue if anyone has one available ,maybe someone that used the tapered one and didn't need the straight one . the one I need is 4721027 number

6. Member
    Those spring lock pedestal receptors come tapered and non-tapered. Chip out the old bushing and insert a couple long-ish dowels and measure to see if they form an angle (mine are tapered).
    I tried to buy the bushing only (spoke with Ranger or Springfield about it) - no joy.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I was wondering how to find which one I needed the tapered or straight might just break down and buy the kit