Banned

NGK "V-Power" plugs for my DF 140A...??? Good or bad?

Ordered some plugs for my Suzuki (NGK BKR6E). Got them today, and noticed that they are the "V-Power" model. "V" grove in center of electrode. I seen these for sale in most places, and purposely tried to find the standard NGK plug. Thought I was getting the standard plug. Will these be ok to use???
    Hek! Maybe they're better!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.

2. Banned
    Well, I installed them. Got lucky and were able to index them pretty darn close too! (within <20 degrees)
    I know indexing isn't really that important, but I always try to get close if possible. Took a little trial & error switching plugs back and forth, but it came out good!

Ok, stupid question. What exactly are you indexing the plugs to? Is it a direct injected 4 stroke?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Ok, stupid question. What exactly are you indexing the plugs to? Is it a direct injected 4 stroke?
    It is a 4 stroke, with Multi-point sequential electronic fuel injection. I indexed them to the injector location.

So its NOT direct injected and the injector is before the intake valve so indexing plugs is really no benefit. If it works for you then that's all good I just thought there was something special on the Suzuki's.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    So its NOT direct injected and the injector is before the intake valve so indexing plugs is really no benefit. If it works for you then that's all good I just thought there was something special on the Suzuki's.
    oh well, can't hurt!

No, not a all. I just thought they went to direct injection. Looking at possibly going to a Suzuki but just hate playing the prop game all over again.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA