Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jordan boat ramps

So it seems that most of the ramps on Jordan won't reopen until July!!! To my North Carolina fishing and boating friends. The superintendent at Jordan is Shederick Mole. 919-362-0586
    shederick.mole@ncparks.gov Tell him what you think about his policy for reopening the boat ramps, I did!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Banned
    I wish they would open Poe's ramp up. Gonna have to call him i reckon. Every ramp at Kerr Lake that is in NC is open with the exception of Kimball point and Bullock's park. Both of them are only accessible from the campground entrances so they will remain closed until they start back allowing camping. I will also add that the private campground next to Flemington ramp has never been shut down.

3. Member
    Absolutely no reason not to open Ebenezer and Seaforth. Both have gates closing beach and common gathering areas of the park. His decision is making a tough decision worse by pushing everyone on top of each other at Farrington and Harris... Would love to hear his reasoning for making this decision.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    https://www.facebook.com/JordanLakeN...FZCblriK1FbCTw

from Facebook

B Everett Jordan Dam & Lake, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

�������������������� ������������
    We will be opening Poe's Ridge Boat Ramp this Saturday morning. Service will be limited as the restroom will be closed and one of the lanes is closed due to the courtesy dock breaking anchor and floating into the ramp during our last high water event.
    At this time, we will also not be collecting any user fees - use of the boat ramp is free.
    Additionally, USACE intends to extend the expiration date of all annual passes affected by the closures and user fee suspensions. For example, if the expiration date of your annual pass is April 2020, you will receive time added to the expiration date. The amount of time added will depend on the length of the closures and fee suspensions.
    USACE will also extend the expiration date of the Annual America the Beautiful passes (such as the Annual Pass, Annual Senior Pass, Military Pass, etc.) affected by the closures and fee suspensions in a similar manner as the Corps Annual Pass. For example, if the expiration date of your Annual or Annual Senior pass is April 2020, you will receive time added to the expiration date. The amount of time added will depend on the length of the closures and fee suspensions.
    Please remember that even as things are opening up, it's still important to practice social distancing.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Drew , that's what I was told also. If Poe's is open Sat. and anyone goes , please post. Thinking of going Sunday thanks.

6. Member
    Does anyone know the price of annual senior pass
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

Poes was fine today. Maybe 1/3 full when I got there around 7:30 and 1/2 full when I left at 4:30
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

8. Banned
    That's great news for sure. I went to Falls today to take the wife. We got to the Barton creek ramp around 1pm and to my suprise it was less than 1/3 full and when we took out about 6:30 there was about the same.

9. Member
    Thanks Neilslure

10. Member
    Don , seniors pass. What I'm told is $40.00 first year then 2nd yr. $40.00 then u are lifetime after that. What I was told.

11. Member
    Poe's was open today. 6 in at 7:30 at 4:00 lot was almost full.

12. Member
    https://www.recreation.gov/pass/atb
    The info on the America the Beautiful pass I think you’re talking about is above...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey N.C. View Post
    Don , seniors pass. What I'm told is $40.00 first year then 2nd yr. $40.00 then u are lifetime after that. What I was told.
    Thanx
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

14. Member
    PHASE ONE: As of May 9, Robeson Creek canoe access and boat ramp is open for public use. All other accesses and boat ramps managed by Jordan Lake State Recreation Area remain closed. THERE ARE NO TRAILS OPEN AT THIS TIME. ………….PHASE TWO (tentative date May 22)
    The following campgrounds will reopen: Crosswinds campground loops A, B and C; Parkers Creek campground loops 1 and 2; and Poplar Point campground loops B, C, F, G, H and J. All camping will be by advance reservations only. No first-come, first-served walk-in camping. Camping will be restricted and the following rules will be enforced: no day visitors permitted; no firewood sales; all beach areas will be closed; all boat ramps (except Robeson Creek) will be closed; there is no 24-hour gate access; and gate hours are strictly enforced. Shower houses are available, but comfort stations will be closed............…....The following facilities will remain CLOSED during phase 2: Visitor center; Ebenezer boat ramp and day-use area; Seaforth boat ramp and day-use area; New Hope Overlook; Parkers Creek day-use area; Vista Point; and White Oak. These closures mean all hiking trails, picnic areas, picnic shelters, boat ramps, beach areas, group campsites, and primitive campsites at these listed accesses are closed...…………....PHASE THREE (tentative date July 1)
    Full reopening of park facilities closed during earlier phases, including: visitor center; Ebenezer boat ramp and day-use area; Seaforth boat ramp and day-use area; New Hope Overlook; Parkers Creek day-use area; Vista Point; and White Oak. All hiking trails, all picnic areas, all picnic shelters, all boat ramps, all beach areas, group campsites, primitive campsites, Poplar Point campground loop E, and Parkers Creek campground loops 3 and 4 will be open...……..Please note that Poes Ridge boat ramp, managed by the US Army Corps of Engineers, and Farrington Point boat ramp, managed by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, are both currently open. Please check with those agencies for the most up-to-date information regarding those facilities.

15. Banned
    Great info. Hoping to see something for Kerr Lake campgrounds soon.

16. Member
    Good Morning Everyone!! Hope all of you, your family and friends are doing well!!! It has been a crazy time!!

Hopefully we can get started back on June 6th with the Piedmont Bass Classic Trails.. It just depends on what the Kerr Corps, State Parks & Wildlife

Comm. do on therampsituations. There should be no reason that can't open the ramps and begin allowing

us to have tournaments again.

OK...I got a call from the Corps of Engineers at Kerr Lake May 11th and was informed that they have extended

cancellation of all tournament permits thru the end of May as of this time. The NCWRC had also extended their

cancellations of all tournament permits to May 31st..Hopefully both will let us continue to have our tournaments

by the 6th of June!!
    IN THE MEANTIME, I'M SURE THE WILDLIFE RAMPS ARE STILL OPEN SO YOU CAN STILL FISH. The Kerr Corps stated on the 11th that most of the State Park ramps are now open (at no charge). There are a few exceptions so go to the Kerr Corps of Engineers website to make sure. I think they are going to open the State Park ramps at Jordan and Falls also. THEY SHOULD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Great info. Hoping to see something for Kerr Lake campgrounds soon.
    NC Park campgrounds are opening 5/22. Corps campgrounds 6/1 if I recall correctly.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

18. Member
    So they are going to open the campgrounds but not the ramps??
    This is really an unbelievable decision.

I would really like to hear the reason for this straight from the horse's mouth.

Big weekend coming up.. gotta believe that has some play in it all..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Poe's was a circus yesterday!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast