Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Not a voltage issue, it's a power issue. The thin gauge wire that's pre-installed in boats doesn't cut it. You can put 1,000,000 volts through a 18ga wire if the amperage is low enough. But only so many amps will make it through before the wires resistance kicks in.

I used 12ga speaker wire to run direct power to the batteries for my graphs. Power problem gone. If you're running dual graphs at bow or console run 8ga to a distro block, then 12ga to each unit.

What do you have to lose?
    Not disagreeing with anything you’re saying, but I bought this boat new in the fall of 2018, rigged with the Solixs and did not have a single issue until mid summer of ‘19, after a software update...been downhill ever since. I’ll dig around and check the wire gage...
    I also forget to mention I did a lil test tonight to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind...turned both graphs on, unplugged the cord from wall to the charger and voltage never dropped below 12.1 for @ 2hrs.
    Last edited by bassketcase05; 05-14-2020 at 07:27 PM.

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    Not disagreeing with anything you’re saying, but I bought this boat new in the fall of 2018, rigged with the Solixs and did not have a single issue until mid summer of ‘19, after a software update...been downhill ever since. I’ll dig around and check the wire gage...
    I also forget to mention I did a lil test tonight to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind...turned both graphs on, unplugged the cord from wall to the charger and voltage never dropped below 12.1 for @ 2hrs.
    Bassketcase05 .... was wondering where this wound up? Having some similar issues...

3. Member
    That was his last post on this forum!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Bwallis. Without rehashing the whole thread. 12.1 volts would indicate that battery is as low as a lead acid battery should be used.(50% SOC). More than likely if checked at the battery the voltage would be higher. This may indicate either the wiring is too small or the connections are bad. There should only be .2 volts difference between the unit and the battery if the wiring has been done properly.(voltage drop) It is the best place to start if there are strange or intermittent problems. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12