Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Bullet Livewell

So Bullet has stopped installing the livewell valves and actuators. They have told me this week they won't even allow me to pay them to install one in a new boat. Easy enough, but it just sounds stupid for a new owner to pull the gas tank before he ever puts gas in it. With that rant over for the time being, for those of you that have ordered a new Bullet recently and have just the plug in the livewell, does it drain out the rear through a hose or do they just have it dumping into the bottom of the boat? Sounds like a stupid question, but for a bass boat company that refuses to hook up a livewell valve like every other company - I guess there is no stupid questions.

2. Member
    Yes sir it drains. Pain in the behinny

3. Member
    It’s got it’s own hose and drain out the rear. I cuss every time I go to put a fish in it cause I have to get soaking wet putting the plug in it. Never can remember to do it before I put the boat it the water. Finished weigh in one tourney day and brought a live well full of water home. Forgot to pull the plug out after getting the friggin fish out. I wish it had a valve too.

4. Banned
    It is what it is... Never been a Top 10 problem for me... Dan

5. Member
    It drives me crazy. I hope I can get in s habit of using the pump out. It comes pretty close to getting it to similar level. The valve just makes it easy to get fresh water in the livewell during the day too. I might ask if they’ll hire me for 1/2 day and let me install it myself at factory.

6. Banned
    Uh oh... We might be hearing about a break in at the Bullet factory... Just claim insanity... Dan

7. Member

8. Banned

Just set up a routine... Pump out to fill the weigh in bag... Fish out... Pull the plug... After returning from the scales climb in and put the plug back in... Dan

Wait till the plug pops out in a rough water ride in and all your fish are dead.

I changed mine to a twist lock plug afterwards. Bullet is bottom of the barrel on livewell systems in my opinion. The other top brands are much better. I am amazed they wont do better. The 22SF system is by far the worst i have experienced. Fortunately , i dont fish many tournaments now and i love the other features of the SF..
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Wait till the plug pops out in a rough water ride in and all your fish are dead.

I changed mine to a twist lock plug afterwards. Bullet is bottom of the barrel on livewell systems in my opinion. The other top brands are much better. I am amazed they wont do better. The 22SF system is by far the worst i have experienced. Fortunately , i dont fish many tournaments now and i love the other features of the SF..
    I do agree that their livewells are easily behind all others when it comes to anything modern and serious.

11. Member
    The valves leak water in and out anyway. I just plug mine at the back and use pump out. I pull bilge and live well plugs before I head home and that works for me. What do other brands use for a drain system?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    The valves leak water in and out anyway. I just plug mine at the back and use pump out. I pull bilge and live well plugs before I head home and that works for me. What do other brands use for a drain system?
    They use the valves and T handles. Sure they’ll all leak a hair. My current brand new valve lets about 1.5” in every trip. But I’d much rather a very small amount of water leak in each trip than to have stick my hand in the water to pull a plug to drain. Now, the plug at the rear isn’t a bad idea, but in my experience a regular plug doesn’t fit. You have to use those small cheap plugs. Bullet is currently using a plug inside the livewell. Just not the answer IMO.

13. Member
    That’s not even close to acceptable for what a new boat costs.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

Quote Originally Posted by eh2000 View Post
    That’s not even close to acceptable for what a new boat costs.
    Agreed. You would think Bullet would take notice of things like this. Such a great boat otherwise.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

15. Member
    I’ll say this - I talked to Tom at Bullet today and I asked him about this very topic. 2 dealers had told me they would not install - period. Well Tom said today that they don’t think it’s necessary and trying to keep it simple and maintenance free with the plug. I explained that I tried it in my current Bullet for 2 months and hated it enough that I pulled my tank and installed the valve. He said if I really want it, they’ll do it even if he has to hook it up himself. It was a great conversation and I appreciated his desire to do it if it was really that important to me. And it is.

16. Banned
    Geez... Ya whined enough and finally got your way... Glad they made you happy though... Dan

17. Member
    Go ahead and order a blue and white one lol

The only good time to pull a bullet tank is the day you bring it home. Its simple then so just go ahead and fix it all- the pump out nozzle, etc. make it work well like even the cheap boats do.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    The only good time to pull a bullet tank is the day you bring it home. Its simple then so just go ahead and fix it all- the pump out nozzle, etc. make it work well like even the cheap boats do.
    If only someone at Bullet would read this and fix it at the factory in the first place!!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

20. Member
    To me, it just seems like a huge step backwards not to have some type of mechanical valve, but I would not let that be the deciding factor in buying a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast