Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    They told me they would do it if I thought it was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mbh78 View Post
    To me, it just seems like a huge step backwards not to have some type of mechanical valve, but I would not let that be the deciding factor in buying a new one.
    You should, if they would not put one in if you asked them to. And if you got one without it, and realized how crappy the livewell systems are now, you would probably change your mind. Mine has a damn overfill hole about 3/4 the way up in a SHALLOW box. When you take off the water mostly drains out , even when the valves are closed. I would really like to talk to whomever "advised" Bullet to build a system like what is on the SF boats.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

3. Member
    Does it bother anyone else that the drain is in the rear wall of the livewell and not in the floor? I have to use a shop vac to get the last gallon of water out of mine.
    XRS/250 ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountryx View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that the drain is in the rear wall of the livewell and not in the floor? I have to use a shop vac to get the last gallon of water out of mine.
    Oh it bothers me for sure. What bothers me even more is why 90+% of all boat makers do that. I can only guess there’s a reason I don’t understand because it makes no sense to me. Especially in today’s world of all the invasive species. You’d think 100% drain out would be mandatory. But I’m open to I don’t understand the whole story - but I’m listening.

5. Member
    Since we're complaining, put a higher GPH recirc pump in there too.

6. Member
    I've changed every one of mine out for bigger pumps

I upgraded all my pumps too. Always do in a new or new to me boat.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    I've changed every one of mine out for bigger pumps
    I'll swap mine if I have to pull the tank for anything.

9. Member
    It's not too bad if you tank doesn't have much gas in it

10. Member
    The idea of the valve is better than no valve, I agree...

With that said, the valve leaks, breaks, and malfunctions..and for that matter isn't made any more. There are other options, but they are worst that the one Bullet used. More connections to leak inside the hull. Give them a break, its not that big of deal, imo....

I like em that just have a simple plug in there. You would only have to reach another foot where they mount the lever. If it was by the drivers seat that would be alot handier

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman123 View Post
    The idea of the valve is better than no valve, I agree...

With that said, the valve leaks, breaks, and malfunctions..and for that matter isn't made any more. .
    They still list valves on their website I haven't tried to order but I plan on getting a couple , over the winter I plan on doing a few things including installing a valve.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

13. Member
    Maybe so, but I researched that valve a year ago and found it was discontinued by the manufacture. Many have called Bullet the response is the same, we don't have anymore...

14. BBC SPONSOR
    The mold used by the manufacturer broke, why it wasn't replaced I do no know. But they're right, they only had a couple of cables last year.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman123 View Post
    Maybe so, but I researched that valve a year ago and found it was discontinued by the manufacture. Many have called Bullet the response is the same, we don't have anymore...
    My valve ,cable, and selector came today I guess they still make them or make them again , the way I look at it install the parts if down the line the valve leaks you could always put the plug in till you change it again
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    My valve ,cable, and selector came today I guess they still make them or make them again , the way I look at it install the parts if down the line the valve leaks you could always put the plug in till you change it again
    I have a friend that has a broken valve and I've been looking for a replacement. Where did you get yours? I didn't see one on the Bullet site.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    I have a friend that has a broken valve and I've been looking for a replacement. Where did you get yours? I didn't see one on the Bullet site.
    https://www.flow-rite.com/marine/
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

18. Member
    Awesome~!

I made these arms . The valve still isn't that good. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....008&highlight=

20. Kllr bee
    Let's see, I have a 2006 boat that says BULLET on the side. It is a 21XD Comp. You might expect a comp hull to be equipped THAT way but it has a livewell drain valve, drain is in a recess in the floor of the livewell, pump out, overflow is in top 1/4 of back wall, and there is room for 30 big bass. Does someone else own Bullet now or what?
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12