Really needed Falcons help!

And man were they on it. Left an email about a fuel starvation issue to Falcon that my 205 was experiencing. Actually thought it was a bad running V8 but a remote tank proved that wrong. Next day I get a phone call and Falcon is on the other end directing me on how to correct the issue. Seems the Falcons are designed to be worked on pretty easy and I was directed on how to remove the rear panel that has the seat backs on them, lean it forward and bingo there is your fuel tank, pickup, check valve right there. Directed me (a dealer is actually doing this work) on what to look for as far as any fuel flow restrictions. I went through thoughts of cutting up fiberglass to wow, how clever a boat design to have this kind of access. And the customer service and knowledge was way above par. Impressive boat, impressive customer service.

2. Member
    8 screws and I am looking at my fuel tank. the hidden screws are the worst!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I guess they are because dealer that has my boat is having some issues finding them all. Mactiman, any tips on locating them ?

4. Member
    just used a small Phillips screwdriver and gently rubbed it around places that seems logical to have screws, some were on top by side rails and some were on side of the cover inside compartment lids. mine were SS so a magnet didn't help. ranger carpet only a season or two old so it hides them well
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

5. Member
    Just curious what was your issue? I was getting vapor lock like issues. I switched to non ethanol gas and reoriented my primer bulb and everything seems fine, but wondering if it could've been something else.

6. Member
    th365thli, It is my understanding that no primer bulb should be used if running a Mere V8 as it can collapse with the fuel pump pressure. My issue is that the engine acts like its running out of gas at he upper end. Mactiman, thanks for the come back on the screw locations, you are giving me the same info that Falcon gave to just feel around for the screws but what do you mean by inside the compartment lids? Thanks for the help.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    th365thli, It is my understanding that no primer bulb should be used if running a Mere V8 as it can collapse with the fuel pump pressure. My issue is that the engine acts like its running out of gas at he upper end. Mactiman, thanks for the come back on the screw locations, you are giving me the same info that Falcon gave to just feel around for the screws but what do you mean by inside the compartment lids? Thanks for the help.
    open up live well lids and rear compartment lids and screws go horizontal into the top plate over fuel tank- 4 screws went vertical down through top plate and into the glass
    MAGA

8. Member
    Thanks mactiman, big help.

9. Member
    Solved my fuel starvation problem which I must of had since day one as water testing yesterday my 205 got to 75 pretty easily. 68 was top speed before. Im extremely impressed at the V8s new vitality now that it can really drink. Seems the pick up in the tank was a tad long and was sealing itself against the tanks bottom. After careful measurement it looked like the tube was a 1/4" too long. I cut it at a 30 degree angle per Falcons suggestion and all is now good.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    Solved my fuel starvation problem which I must of had since day one as water testing yesterday my 205 got to 75 pretty easily. 68 was top speed before. Im extremely impressed at the V8s new vitality now that it can really drink. Seems the pick up in the tank was a tad long and was sealing itself against the tanks bottom. After careful measurement it looked like the tube was a 1/4" too long. I cut it at a 30 degree angle per Falcons suggestion and all is now good.
    MAGA