Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

WOO HOOO Indy Car is coming back!

Can't wait for racing to get going again!

https://racer.com/2020/05/07/indycar...xas-race-plan/

3. Banned
    As the resident Indycar fanatic
    no doubt I will be watching the upcoming cup races at Darlington and Charlotte but gettting back some American open wheel racing has me most excited

And the Outlaws are going to be at Knoxville Friday night

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    And the Outlaws are going to be at Knoxville Friday night
    Do you know if it will be televised?

6. Banned
    Man they just cancelled 2 more races on their calander yesterday Richmond and Toronto, health is not good right now, Penske found a peach of a time to buy that series...

7. Banned
    I was listening to the Dale Jr. download pod cast, which has some very interesting content BTW. He interviewed Steve Phelps, who head up nascar and he was explaining how nascar got the racing going again. It was a huge undertaking. Great interview! Absolutely no reason other series couldn't do the same thing. I'm really surprised Penske hasn't found a way to make racing happen. Nascar is leading the way on this.

Nascar does have the tv revenue going for them and Indy car depends on the take at the gate because they don't have the tv package nascar does, but there has to be a way to get their sport back in front of the fans.

8. Member
    If you missed the finish of the xfinity race last night. You messed a Great finish.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    If you missed the finish of the xfinity race last night. You messed a Great finish.
    I didn't see the race but I watch the high lites! It was a fantastic finish. Chase was not going to loose that race no matter what!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
    I was listening to the Dale Jr. download pod cast, which has some very interesting content BTW. He interviewed Steve Phelps, who head up nascar and he was explaining how nascar got the racing going again. It was a huge undertaking. Great interview! Absolutely no reason other series couldn't do the same thing. I'm really surprised Penske hasn't found a way to make racing happen. Nascar is leading the way on this.

Nascar does have the tv revenue going for them and Indy car depends on the take at the gate because they don't have the tv package nascar does, but there has to be a way to get their sport back in front of the fans.
    You answered your own question there at the end, Nascars TV contract may allow them to survive this longer. Texas indycar race is happening at the goodwill of Eddie Gossage, the track will most certainly take a loss, if indycar wants to hold races with no fans this year outside of Indianapolis Penske is basically going to have to rent the tracks I don't see the Indy 500 ever going away, it's an institution like the pikes peak race, but the support races and season may be a thing of the past come 2021. F1 is in deep trouble to, maybe more so considering their international calander.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 05-22-2020 at 06:42 PM.

This weekend I going to watch the USAC Midgets here..

12. Member
    I dont much care for indy car but I still watch it because I love fast cars that sound good lol

I've been to several indy car races and they are a sight to see at full song. Unlike the nascar haters indent bitch about it even though I dislike thier rules. I li like anything that is fast and driven on the ragged edge
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

13. Member
    I havent checked up on it but any word on drag racing ? I like all auto sports but drag racing is by far my favorite.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I havent checked up on it but any word on drag racing ? I like all auto sports but drag racing is by far my favorite.
    I havnt heard yet...I'm gonna cry if dont get to see nitro live at maple grove again this year

Wish they ran pro mods there...maybe if I'm lucky they will cram a promod race in there this year...love me some pro mods
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    You answered your own question there at the end, Nascars TV contract may allow them to survive this longer. Texas indycar race is happening at the goodwill of Eddie Gossage, the track will most certainly take a loss, if indycar wants to hold races with no fans this year outside of Indianapolis Penske is basically going to have to rent the tracks I don't see the indy 500 ever going away, it's an institution like the pikes peak race, but the support races and season may be a thing of the past cone 2021. F1 is in deep trouble to, maybe more so considering their international calander.
    I wonder of they put some sort of tv deal together based on the lack of live sports and the ratings nascar has received this last week.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I wonder of they put some sort of tv deal together based on the lack of live sports and the ratings nascar has received this last week.
    That is EXACTLY what they should do. Nascar had to redo their tv schedules. Given there are no other sports on right now I would think indy car could put something together. When / if other sports finally crawl out of their hole it's going to be much harder to get air time. All racing series should be following nascars lead. Great time to get new fans.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    I havnt heard yet...I'm gonna cry if dont get to see nitro live at maple grove again this year

Wish they ran pro mods there...maybe if I'm lucky they will cram a promod race in there this year...love me some pro mods
    Yup... pro mods are fun to watch. I cant remember what its called but I think there is some radial vs big tire race coming up.

Steve Jackson has some entertaining youtube videos if you catch them.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post

Looks like Maple Grove is still scheduled for Sept 11-13. don't know if this is up to date but it's what currently on the NHRA website

https://www.nhra.com/schedule/2020

19. Banned
    Well this could get interesting, pack racing is a guilty pleasure of mine but would hate to see someone get hurt again, I'll have it tuned to NBC saturday night for sure
    https://racereviewonline.home.blog/2...ill-be-tricky/

20. Banned
    How many drivers fall out of the seat tonight? it is hot hot hot, practice right now track them was 134° that is tire blistering temps. Remember they have a canopy on the cars now this year and the cockpits are much hotter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast