Thread: PP foot buttons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PP foot buttons

I seem to have the hardest time with the 2 tap to get my poles to fully deploy or retract. Especially if I'm wearing any shoes or flip flops. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm considering buying new buttons but I hate to spend $100 and that not fix anything.
    Thanks for your help Joseph

2. Member
    The poles are 8' blades and I believe 2.0.

3. Member
    You have to make sure to tap toward the bottom of each button, closest to you. You will see the red lights come on all the way around the button.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If they are 2.0. You can go in the app and change from a 2 tap to a single tap. And by the way never pay 100.00 for the foot switches.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    If they are 2.0. You can go in the app and change from a 2 tap to a single tap. And by the way never pay 100.00 for the foot switches.
    Thanks I'll have to try to figure out how to get on the app and do that. I think that would be a good solution. I'll try it this evening when I get done with work.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 20basstriton View Post
    Thanks I'll have to try to figure out how to get on the app and do that. I think that would be a good solution. I'll try it this evening when I get done with work.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Start by downloading the C-Monster app and update the firmware (2.02) on the pumps. Once that is done, the pumps will update the controllers once they are pressed. Allow the controller to go through the update process(a series of blinking lights) and log back into the app.

Go to remote control settings tab and select "Special Operation" next to the controller you want to have single tap auto. This can be turned on for the dash switch, key fob, and foot switches. Once selected, the switch will operate with single tap auto up and down.

8. Member
    Got my foot buttons on single tap now. Thanks for all the help.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Got my foot buttons on single tap now. Thanks for all the help.
    very welcome.. hope thats better for you!

Yep - I always run them on single tap. If I need to stop them mid cycle, just push the opposite button. They will stop in mid cycle. My console buttons are on double tap. You might ask, "Why would you stop them half way down?". They act as rudders in heavy wind. They protect your engine as you are swinging in and out fishing docks or tight places.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Yep - I always run them on single tap. If I need to stop them mid cycle, just push the opposite button. They will stop in mid cycle. My console buttons are on double tap. You might ask, "Why would you stop them half way down?". They act as rudders in heavy wind. They protect your engine as you are swinging in and out fishing docks or tight places.
    tons of reasons to stop them mid travel. Very common practice. From what you mentioned, to going under low clearance bridges, getting in and out of garage, to simply getting them out if the way for a co angler. Another great feature of powerpole vs the other brand. They do act as outriggers in heavy chop as well as slow your drift alot , with or without the drift paddle option ( another reason to stop them at any point of travel).

12. Member

Where can you get foot switches cheaper?

I seem to have the hardest time with the 2 tap to get my poles to fully deploy or retract. Especially if I'm wearing any shoes or flip flops. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm considering buying new buttons but I hate to spend $100 and that not fix anything.
    Thanks for your help Joseph
    Not a fan of my foot petals either...will try the single tap and see if that makes it any better.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsdale816 View Post
    Where can you get foot switches cheaper?
    lol from me lowest price in the US shipped.

15. Member
    I went to the lake yesterday for a few hours yesterday. That gave me time to use the new single tap feature. It was great. It was so much easier then the 2 tap.
    Again thanks for the help.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I went to the lake yesterday for a few hours yesterday. That gave me time to use the new single tap feature. It was great. It was so much easier then the 2 tap.
    Again thanks for the help.

17. Member
    Single tap down only for the 2.0?

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Single tap down only for the 2.0?
    can be changed in the app to single tap if you choose.. come from factory programmed as double tap

19. Member
    can be changed in the app to single tap if you choose.. come from factory programmed as double tap
    To be clearer my question is, can the 1.0 be changed to 1 tap down as well as the 2.0 in the Monster app?

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Negetive.. Only CM2 can be programmed with this feature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast