Weldon Springs Report 5/6

IMG_20200506_163934_101.jpg20200506_125202.jpg20200506_125140.jpg20200506_110649.jpg

Clinton is still pretty dirty from all of the recent rain, so I decided to just suck it up and make the 15 minute drive over to Weldon Springs today. I didn't catch any giants but it was a lot of fun and I even ran into a bonus Trout. I have to admit that I was taken aback when I pitched a big 3/4 ounce mop jig into a laydown in 2' water. I saw my line jump, so I cracked it hard and that Trout almost landed in the boat with me....lol.

Water temp was 53-57 with just a slight stain. There is already some nice green Milfoil that is starting to come up. It was a fun day. I dropped my boat in at Parnell on my way back to the house and fished Clinton until about 7PM. It is still pretty dirty and I only caught 4 fish, none big.

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I use to throw a moss boss over the very thick matts on Weldon Springs back in the late 70s and early 80s. We caught some big ole bass back then. I think 6.9 was the biggest. Thanks for reminding me of Weldon. I also use to fish Ramsey at the same time and caught a ton of bass with a big one every once in a while.

Dale Sinclair original

Haha...Man, I remember the ole Moss Boss. That was way before any of us owned a Spro frog or even knew what one was. That Moss Boss was so light that a big fish would often blow it right out of the water and never touch the bait!

I'm really grateful to have Weldon only 15 minutes from the house. I usually go over there on holiday weekends when the boat ramps are overflowing at Clinton. I have had numerous holiday weekends where I was still the only boat on Weldon.