McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH

Ultrex slipping down - Anyone tried Bob's Machine Shop Quick Slip lever?

Has anyone that has tried the Bob's Machine Shop Quick Slip Lever? If so, does it keep the Ultrex form slipping down?
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

2. Member
    Yes, I have had one for over a year, and it works great. No slipping. Also makes it easier make adjustment to the troll motor height.

3. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoufellow View Post
    Yes, I have had one for over a year, and it works great. No slipping. Also makes it easier make adjustment to the troll motor height.
    Thanks. Glad it works. I couldn't imagine anything keeping it from slipping down.
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

I've had my 112 Ultrex for about 9 month and about 15 trips. A few days were windy, choppy days and mine has never moved. It is set about 6in. up. Is this something that will eventually happen or is it sporadic with the Ultrex's?
    Scott Inman

5. Member
    Mine slipped and I put the Bob's Quick Slip. Cured the issue and what said above, easy adjustment when needed. Recommend it!

6. Member
    I'm the same as you, Scotti. I have a 112 on my Skeeter. Bought it as soon as they hit the street. Never has moved.

Also have an 80 on my 16 footer that I fish in HP limited lakes. Never moved either.

I guess some do, some don't, or some us tighten the knob tighter than others.

7. Member
    I wonder how a dab of carbon friction paste would work? It’s commonly used on bikes with carbon components (seat post) to keep them from slipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Finish-Line-B...8903281&sr=8-1

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You can take a small thin piece of rubber, cut to size and place on shaft where collar is and it will not move.....and no it wont be visible if you cut rubber piece small enough...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Mine is just over 2yrs old and never moved. Wonder what causes some of them to do this? I looked at the Bob's device just to help with making adjustments on the water.

This is a major design flaw , have they upgraded this part on the latest model Ultrex ? I had an issue with my Ultrex yesterday that will require a service center repair so I bought a new Ghost and will probably keep MK as a backup . I feel the issue was my fault .

11. Member
    This is why it slips. Flimsy plastic snugs up in the middle but flexes outward at the sides and loses grip. Agree, not a good piece.

IMG_0948.JPG
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

12. Member
    Wish I had seen Couillon’s reply before I found a “fix” for mine. My 112 Ultrex slipped down as well. Talked to support, and they recommended (and sent me) another more fiber washer to add...slipped worse. Support sent me a new clamp, and that slipped as well. Someone on here recommended (and had success with) a stainless steel collar so I ordered one. While waiting for the collar, I used two large flat washers and ground one side off to mate up against the collar, and it hasn’t moved since. Still have the collar in the package it came in. I think it basically fixes the problem catdude talks about. But Couillon’s fix would be a lot cleaner IMO.

13. Member
    I removed the steel washer from the clamp and my ultrex hasn't slipped since. Someone on here suggested that. It didn't make sense but it worked.