Thread: So...

So...

Well the wife and I are talking about selling our Harleys and buying another bigger bass boat, so who has sold their bikes and regretted it?

2. Member
    I sold my bike a while ago and regret it every time the weather is good. Buying a new bike tomorrow.

wife and I have talked about this some. and honestly I think I would sell my boat before I sold my Bike.
    I love the boat and its great because the kids like to go as well but for my "therapy" I much prefer the bike.
    last weekend I took the boat out to the lake and camper by myself and had a good time on the water but just something about being on the bike that is calming for me.

4. Member
    I feel done it twice, and regretted it within a year both times.

5. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Sold my boat bought a motorcycle!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Bledsoe View Post
    Sold my boat bought a motorcycle!
    I went for years without a bike. Have two older brothers so they taught me to ride young. Learned on a Yamaha 400. Had three bikes, a boat and a show truck before marriage but as we all know life starts to take over and all went away a piece at a time. Kept snowmobiling until my daughters were born and knew I would need to stay close to home to help out so then those went. Got back into fishing and then tournaments so we know how that goes with equipment .
    After all those years every time the weather got nice I always wanted to take a ride. Of course it didn't help that a friend owned a Yamaha shop that I worked at when-ever he needed some extra help so I was always around them, but could just never afford one again.
    After my buddy decided to retire and close his shop he asked me if I was interested in the one bike he had saved for himself. After him and his wife insisting they wanted it to go to me we agreed on a price and we bought it.
    Used that one for the last few years and I have to say it was AWESOME to get back in the saddle. My daughter even got addicted to it and I couldn't leave the house without her asking to go.
    Recently sold that Yamaha for my first Harley which is an Ultra and now doing more miles than I think I've ever done already even though its still cold up here.
    So do I think you would miss it? YES. Every time there is a nice spring or summer day and one goes by you will regret it.

Do a small upgrade to a newer used boat and keep the bikes. I talk about getting a new bike and the wife told me I can get what-ever I want. Right after I sell the boat..

Yeah, no..

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Hell...I have a 2016 Basscat Sabre FTD....lol. Its just too damn slow for me.

We have too many hobbies to be honest. Golf is my first love and bass fishing is second. The wife loves riding way more than I do.

8. Member
    I have had a Harley since 1985 some years I barley rode I can't imagine not having a bike ,
    Last edited by av; 05-08-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    It's a hard decision to give up either. In the late 90s, I sold my 201 Stratos because I wasn't using it as much as I did and had remarried. I knew I made a big mistake before the taillights were out of sight. Took me years to get comfortable with another boat, as I tried to be satisfied with lesser boats. I'm now down from 5 bikes to 1 and contemplated selling it this spring. I don't ride much at all anymore. Can't sell it. I've had that bike since the mid 90s. I'm in my mid 60s and I'll have to give up my toys sooner than later. It will be a very sad day when that happens.

10. Member
    I'll not go without a bike again as long as I can ride. Kind of the same with a boat although I have a cheap aluminum rig.

11. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    If it came down to the bikes or the boat it would be the bikes. I stopped fishing for a while and didn’t realize how much I missed it. Love to ride the bike and there is nothing like a long road trip on a bike but I like fishing a lot

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    If it came down to the bikes or the boat it would be the bikes. I stopped fishing for a while and didn’t realize how much I missed it. Love to ride the bike and there is nothing like a long road trip on a bike but I like fishing a lot
    im kinda the same way, I don't think I could give up fishing for the bike. the one thing that is tough for me about the fishing is we are 2 hours at the closest from any lake that we are able to put the boat in at it does get to be a little pricy when it takes 2+ hours or more to get to the lake to fish. but we do keep a camper at Tablerock to stay at so that makes things nicer too and with out the fishing I wouldn't really need the camper either.
    would really be a hard choice and I hope I don't ever have to make that choice.

we are looking at getting a bigger touring bike this next spring and don't plan to get rid of the boat I got or get anything else..have no desire to change it so that will also play a part come some day when things might have to change for me.

13. Member
    Had a bike or bikes from the age of 17 and would never sell until I get so old I can't get on them. I have a HD Road King Classic and a Honda Goldwing. I hope you all make the correct decision and don't regret what you decide to do. Maybe you can keep at least one bike and still upgrade your boat. Remember we only live once so go for it!

14. Member
    Bike is paid for, boat is almost paid for, I'll just trade the boat when time for a new bigger one. Went 20 years without a bike, will not do that again.

15. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Well, the wife's argument is everything is paid for so why get rid of it?

My answer....lack of garage space. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post

So your saying it's time for a bigger garage or a new out building...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Tell her she will have to start parking outside. Let us know how that worked for you

18. Member
    I sold my bike in 1990. Was laid off and no money. The next day I got a call for a job. That was my 1984 900 ninja. Life took over and I got into fishing more. 5 years ago the wife stole all my money and I had nothing. USPS had already crushed me with a 30% pay cut. boat and truck sold. I was sleeping in my bosses garage. Ended up getting a second job bartending. Things started to get better for me. Had bike guys in the bar all the time. Started thinking about it again. The next spring I had 2100 one dollar bills from tips in a jug. Found my dream bike in a barn deep in the adirondacks. 1992 kawasaki zx11... Ended up getting it for 1200. Been riding ever since. I've put maybe another 1800 in it. ( tires battery helmets gear etc.) Just turned 45000 miles.
    I am also back on the water... Got a new alumicraft 145 escape. Tows great with my Ford fiesta. I am back to fishin and ridin!