Ranger 522DVX setup questions

All I have a 2000 Ranger 522DVX with a Merc 250 pro xs running a 25p trophy and am getting 58 to 60 mph with full tourney load, fuel, and partner. Is there a different set up or am I where I should be. Most I’ve ever got is 66 with me half fuel and light load. I know it’s a big boat and am happy with the performance just wondering if I missing anything.
    thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg79 View Post
    All I have a 2000 Ranger 522DVX with a Merc 250 pro xs running a 25p trophy and am getting 58 to 60 mph with full tourney load, fuel, and partner. Is there a different set up or am I where I should be. Most I’ve ever got is 66 with me half fuel and light load. I know it’s a big boat and am happy with the performance just wondering if I missing anything.
    thanks in advance.
    Have you tried posting on the Ranger site, with details of WOT rpm and water pressure?

When was your motor fully tuned up? and your prop blueprinted and balanced? these things can greatly help your performance, but it is a big rig with lot of weight to push, so 60 mph does not sound too unreasonable.

3. Banned
    What rpms is it turning at WOT?

4. Member
    Get rid of the trophy and put a 24" tempest on it.