Thread: Boat Cover

Boat Cover

Fellow Champion bass boat lovers out there, where would one go to get a “ Great “ fitting cover? National Covers is Not the way to go. Been through quite an ordeal with them already, now sending them back the Second cover they sent because just like the first one it was so wide it touched the trailer on both sides, before tightening it.
    I have a ‘98 202 DC.

Thanks in advance.

My Boat has an Aurora cover. Very Nice!
    Aurora Canvas -- Genmar OEM tarps
    4243 West 3rd Street
    Brookline Station, MO 65619
    (417) 883-9811

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Deans Top and Canvas also was a OEM provider for Champion prior to 99.

4. Member
    I've had Deans and Aurora. Both of them are great covers.

5. TJNYSNP
    If you go with Deans, they are 'tight fit'.... i would go with an extra inch around the entire boat draping but that is must me.... so tight it start ripping when gets dry fromyears of use.... but great cover

6. Member
    Anyone ever used CoverQuest? Looks like they are custom fit for Champs.

7. Member
    I'd stay away from Deans. See my review post on my seat covers they did for me.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Deans made covers for my 90 and 99 Champs and they fit perfectly! From your seat cover thread, it appears Deans is working with you to resolve any issues.

Deans Cover was the best money I've invested in my Champ. I don't have a garage, nor a carport shelter. So it sits outside most of the year...March thru November. Dry as a desert over the past two years since getting it.

Every company is bound to screw an order up somehow, someway. Good companies correct theor mistakes and make it right.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

10. Member
    Deans made one for 99 181 and it is much better than the original (also made by Dean's). Long wait time but worth the wait!!

11. Member
    Mine is for the 210. Made by Aurora. Fits well and I use it on the road and have never seen any rash from it. Custom fit.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Member
    I think Deans has had some issues. I bought in 2017. Sewed my TM on the wrong side which required me to repack and send back. Barely fit over the rub rail at the sides toward the stern. Since I've had sewing on straps break. I'll try Aurora next time.

My only other cover I've owned was bought in 1991 for a Lead Sled ... It was an awesome cover in all ways and was easily still trailerable when I sold the boat in 2005.

13. Member
    Thank you everyone for your input and help. I went ahead and ordered my cover from Dean’s today. Three to four week wait but that’s not a problem. The ordering process was really great. The salesperson thought ahead and asked about trolling motor shaft length, motor size, even went as far to ask if I was going to go with an Ultrex later because those are even bigger. I’ll try to remember to post after I receive the cover to let y’all know how it fits.
    Thanks again.

14. Member
    I have a 1995 186. I have finished a minor restore, I had ordered seats and custom fit cover from Deans. Top Notch quality, I would highly recommend them.

15. Member
    I ordered replacement from Deans........great product & very nice folk. Fits like a glove 1st time

16. Member
    I have the original Dean's cover on my 97 190 in AZ. It's got a few holes from dragging it over some sharp points on the boat, I've owned sever other boats and very expensive covers for them and do not get more than 5 years here far less 20 years. And yes they are not in the heat and sun all the time but all have spent equal amounts of time. Get a Dean's if they are the same as they were.

17. Member
    To tell you the truth, I boat one of the more expensive Cabela's covers and it has been a great cover for the last 2 years. Has reinforced material where needed, vents , ratchet string. Nice for me

18. Member
    I just got my Dean’s cover in yesterday, freakin Amazing. The fit is outstanding, the material and stitching is way above what I had thought it would be, specifically compared to the other company I had used. Thank goodness both covers they sent where way to big. Yes Dean’s is a bit more expensive but the material, the thickness is so very much better, plus there are way more spots on Dean’s cover that have the extra padding where it counts and Dean’s have the straps, the venting or water poles and hardware included.

Congratulations. Hope you get to enjoy it for many years to come!

20. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Excellent, Carl!!!!!!!!