Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The dealer is important. I have heard some stories good and bad about dealers. Best thing you can do is find customers of said dealer and ask them. My dealer in Katy is awesome, and i'm not the only one who thinks that, but I understand they are not all the same.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    I have a Z20. I personally wouldn’t buy another one. My boat is garage stored except when camping then it is covered. Within the first year my Noco charger went bad and the brake axle locked up burned out the bearings and brakes. My Dowco cover had a couple of seams come out and leaked like a sieve. During the second year the carpet started showing black spots where anyone stands. It wasn’t wear but looked nasty.
    Noco...not made by Nitro. Brake axle...not made by Nitro (most likely tie down engineering). Dowco...not made by Nitro. Black spots in the carpet could be anything....maybe where the cover leaked like a sieve. These are all components that Nitro chose to use for their boats but those components carry their own warranty...this could have happened to ANY brand of boat. Not just nitro?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Noco...not made by Nitro. Brake axle...not made by Nitro (most likely tie down engineering). Dowco...not made by Nitro. Black spots in the carpet could be anything....maybe where the cover leaked like a sieve. These are all components that Nitro chose to use for their boats but those components carry their own warranty...this could have happened to ANY brand of boat. Not just nitro?
    Couldn't agree more! If you took all the sourced "purchased" parts a manufacturer used off their boat, doesn't matter if it's Nitro, Ranger, Triton, etc., you'd have nothing left but a fiberglass bathtub with some plywood to lounge on

4. Dogfish_Jones
    I'm pretty sure most boats including Nitro no longer have plywood on them anywhere.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I'm pretty sure most boats including Nitro no longer have plywood on them anywhere.
    The deck is some sort of balsa encased in fiberglass it looks like from the paperwork that comes with the boat.

6. Member
    You have not looked hard enough to say that yet...
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Guys thank you for your feedback and to Jig Man sorry to hear but things like that I sorta can expect to happen in the manufacturing process. HERE is the real question how did Nitro respond?

I went in the the Cabela's and spoke with the sales guy again and he basically told me to hold off for the 2021. Didn't tell me a darn thing but he knows I want the Garmin Force and I have emailed Nitro directly asking when will it be an option (no answer), I can only guess this maybe a 21' option. He told me June will be the announcement so I see no point in building a 2020 right this very moment.

Another plus I found out today for the Nitro are batteries are included! I have to buy them for the Skeeters. Also notice no option for Lithium on the Nitro build tool and I think thats what I want.

I had a nitro z 8 for three years I just bought a custom z 21 pro package and I decked it out with everything and I have had bass boats for 35 years all I can say is my new 2020 z 21 to me is the ultimate in ride looks comfort everything it truly is awesome if the best bass fisherman on the planet keeps choosing them KVD there must be something to them

9. Member
    They added the ghost soon after I ordered my 2020 boat. Bet the garmin shows up once they get going again
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    My apologizes for being facetious......

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paultangherlini View Post
    if the best bass fisherman on the planet keeps choosing them KVD there must be something to them
    Well I like the boats a lot, but kVD would fish off a wooden pallet if the sponsor dollars were there so I don't pay any attention to that.

U cannot order a 2020 right now, it would be converted into a 2021. I'm waiting to find out about the 2021 Z21. I doubt i'll know anything till June....and I'm not expecting any real changes.

I am more curious about the options they will be adding too, And if there are any new colors coming out.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    Had my Nitro for 7 years so far and never had an issue. My 2013 was my retirement boat and I could have bought any bass boat I wanted. If I buy another bass boat in the near future, I will look at Nitro again based on my personal experience!

I don’t own either but they are both good boats. I would run either one in a heartbeat. I would be more irritated at the Skeeter dealer for trashing another boat brand to try and make his look more appealing. For some reason that just goes all over me when they do that.

15. Member
    I had a Ranger salesman tell me if i didn't care about quality buy a Nitro. I told him thanks for the info and did what he said. Best thing I did in my opinion. six years and its been to the dealer 1 time because of a poor weld on a seat base, not a Nitro problem.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014 nitro z7 View Post
    I had a Ranger salesman tell me if i didn't care about quality buy a Nitro. I told him thanks for the info and did what he said. Best thing I did in my opinion. six years and its been to the dealer 1 time because of a poor weld on a seat base, not a Nitro problem.
    I do not understand sales people that make ignorant comments like that. Does Ranger make a good boat? Sure. Does Nitro? Sure. Does Skeeter? Sure. Pretty much every boat mfg makes a good boat. To be that condescending to a customer is a great way to make as little money as you can.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014 nitro z7 View Post
    It was terrible shopping for a new boat up here in the PNW. Only a few bass boat dealers and they loved tacking on a ton of bullshit fees and offering terrible trade in values. If you even mentioned nitro as an option to negotiate, they just ragged on it - called it a Kia, Hyundai whatever. I have no regrets saving 18k or so and getting my boat custom built for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

18. Member
    About to upgrade from my Z8 which I've had for a long time (bought it slightly used). I'm not a tournament fisherman, but am pretty hard on my toys. I've had very minor to no problems with my boat and have NEVER had to take it into the dealer. I've had to tighten a few things up here and there and glue some of the padding underneath the latch boxes in a few areas, but the boat is in awesome condition. I've been on Tritons, Rangers, and Skeeters - all great boats but I think Nitro's are the best value.

19. Member
    I had had a Phoenix dealer tell if that if I wanted a pedestrian boat, go buy a Nitro. Yes, Phoenix makes a great boat, but I feel Nitro does as well. The selling point for Nitro is that you can set them up the way you want for thousands less.

20. Member
    I think Nitro makes some great looking boats. I’ve never fished from one of the new Z models but for what I do the Z19 looks like the perfect sweet spot. A nice step box between the seats would make it a homerun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast