DVX19 build process update

hello new to the forum but I really relied on it to make my decision to purchase a vexus DVX-19 so I wanted to share my experience so far and give back. I placed an order with a 200 Yamaha 15-ft talon Penn optics LiveScope 8612 garmin's on the bow and console. color is graphite metallic. Minn Kota ultrrexs 112. Bimini with side curtains and front curtains. I sat down with the company and went online and build it with them went through the process with the sales rep Ryan he was amazing and since then as you can imagine everybody thinks about minor details they want and he has been responsive and amazing even went to engineering to change the passenger pedestal so it can be removable which is never been done before and he asked him to do it and they're going to find a way for me so I'm super excited about their customer service so far and they're going to start building mine in June I placed my order in March.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

3. Member
    370DE40E-FF97-4EF2-9274-CEC35410F850.jpeg

Gonna be painted next week. Love the customer support, they are working hard to make the passenger seat removable for me too.

4. Member
    I was going to move up to a 2080 next year, but the DVX 19 has caught my eye. I'll be interested to see the finished product and the happy dance on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    I was going to move up to a 2080 next year, but the DVX 19 has caught my eye. I'll be interested to see the finished product and the happy dance on the water.

Funny you mentioned that. I am actually moving up to a 2080 from a 1980, it is currently being built. However, like you the DVX19 really has my attention. I am going to go through with my 2080 order but if my wife/daughter continue their interest in going out with me. I will move up to the DVX19 in a year or 2. I have built one several times, even sent the build to my dealer who was finalizing my 2080(he hates me because I always change things at the last minute) but I am not convinced their interest is long term. We shall see though but I am also waiting to see the final build and hear the overall performance results as I would get one with the 200 also. They are super sharp rigs with plenty of room. I don't know about waiting 12+ weeks for it though, my head would explode. Hopefully there would be some time trimmed off that for a 3X Vexus owner in 3 years But I doubt they would do anything like that.

TBH Deep down, I hope they keep their interest because I really want one.
    I plan on making it out to Vexus this summer and already told them that I want to go out on a DVX.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. I am actually moving up to a 2080 from a 1980, it is currently being built. However, like you the DVX19 really has my attention. I am going to go through with my 2080 order but if my wife/daughter continue their interest in going out with me. I will move up to the DVX19 in a year or 2. I have built one several times, even sent the build to my dealer who was finalizing my 2080(he hates me because I always change things at the last minute) but I am not convinced their interest is long term. We shall see though but I am also waiting to see the final build and hear the overall performance results as I would get one with the 200 also. They are super sharp rigs with plenty of room. I don't know about waiting 12+ weeks for it though, my head would explode. Hopefully there would be some time trimmed off that for a 3X Vexus owner in 3 years But I doubt they would do anything like that.

TBH Deep down, I hope they keep their interest because I really want one.
    I plan on making it out to Vexus this summer and already told them that I want to go out on a DVX.
    That DVX might get me divorced, but if I go that route, it will be my last boat, same with the 2080. Looking to find some land and downsizing the home-place, getting tired of all the stairs. As you get older comfort over sport , work smarter over harder, is a big plus. Life is good, but always room for improvement.

[QUOTE=Guntucky;11197641]That DVX might get me divorced, but if I go that route, it will be my last boat, same with the 2080. Looking to find some land and downsizing the home-place, getting tired of all the stairs. As you get older comfort over sport , work smarter over harder, is a big plus. Life is good, but always room for improvement.[/QUOT

Sounds super familiar. Just before Christmas we went down the path of buying a small piece of land(20 acres) and what we hope to be our "retirement" home(Unfortunately it is little ways off) but it is forward looking. Just bought a JD 2038R tractor, so I am definitely figuring out the work smarter not harder philosophy.

Guess we'll see what happens in the next year or so. There aren't very many DVX19's out there right now(that I know of) so I have been trying to gather as much information about their performance.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    Keep us posted on the build, I’ve seen the DVX personally and fished around one this spring. Good looking boat and awesome layout. Nice to hear the good customer support and communication. We visited the plant last year and I have to say this is a bunch of guys who seem to love what they do and are passionate about their product!
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

9. Banned
    I've fished out of both a DVX 19 and a DVX 22 and can assure you that you won't be disappointed in the 19. It's an amazing rig.

10. Member
    Love the chatter on this thread, thq guys. It’s been a long spring waiting. I too can’t wait to see the performance, I wish I knew the weight, so I could guess the cruising and top speed. I was told mid fifties, I’ll be very happy with that. I have some large lakes that I can’t wait to see how she handles. The rockstar hitch mounted mud flap XL arrived today and a set of dockstix.

11. Member
    The beauty of that DVX hull is you’ll be able to cruise at about top speed through really rough water with it. And with the windshield it’s a perfect boat for New York where you guys have much cooler fishing days than us spoiled southerners.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

12. Member
    That is great to hear!! tqq. i have all the fingerlakes within 70minutes. cayuga, seneca,keuka etc. Hit the st lawrence and lake erie for eyes too. i cant waiittttt!!! :))) thq for the post

13. Member
    rsz_image-72.jpg

Amazing, cant believe i am getting factory pics...cant believe it. she is done painting, and is next in line. hats off vexus thq for the communications!!!

14. Member
    What a beast this boat is, holy cow. 54mph WOT, hole shot is immediate. Handled 2-3 footers at 40+. it is tall from keel on up, as such wrecks waves with out the slam. pictures do not show how balanced the frame is, I thought it would be much more boxy, but it is tall and standing next to it the top of the windshield while on the trailer is 80” tall. Bimini stows inside the rails, pops up really nice. I couldn’t be happier, stunned when I saw it in person. Below, are some pics. I made a late change on a garmin and It arrived with my original bow mount finder. They overnighted the correct one and ate the cost, upwards of a few K. I still can’t believe how responsive RyanP from Venus was, and how the same level of service came from the dealer, halls marine, in PA.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kdAyY4nptyoufmya9

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    That is one schweeeeeeeeet looking boat you got there !

16. Member
    Damn I am Jealous. I will have one in the near future.

Awesome! Love the color!!!! DVX19 will be my next boat!!

18. Member
    Just an update, I found the stock 200sho to be constrained and wanting to be set free. I sent the ecu to Hydroteck and went from 5400MaxRPM at 53mph, 21T,13 3/4 prop. to 6200 MaxRPM with a 21t 15" Saltwater series. Now she does 60mph at 5400, 67 at 6100 RPM's. Now I have to tune the chine walk out of her . Insane how this boat handles going over 60, in chop. This engine is now a beast, hole show is instant, getting to 50 is instant. It is now uncaged. The sound of the motor from start to finish is screaming, I can't believe it. Couldn't be happier. They said the 200SHO would give you the biggest improvement from an ecu flash, but I didn't believe, it I thought it would only work on bass boats, I was wrong. Best 650$ I ever spent. Now she runs hot enough as well, last few oil changes had gas in the oil. It will be interesting now to see her uncaged.