Inflatable life jacket for us tall fat guys??

I'm 6'3" and dress out around 270. I have a couple of big/tall traditional life jackets but I'd sure like an inflatable, especially in summer. Any of you big/tall guys use something that works for you?

2. Member
    I'm 6'1" 240 pounds lite. Don't remember what I ware but to get one to fit was not hard. My is inflatable ware it the hole time on the boat fish with it on. Never think about it
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

3. Member
    There are extension straps available for the Mustang inflatable.

https://mustangsurvival.com/products...2-width-ma7632
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Most will accommodate up to 50+ in waist size, the trick is neck size - if you have a large neck the wrap around can get annoying over the day. The Mustang Elite models have a wider neck yoke design and are more comfortable in this regard. As mentioned you can also get an extender strap for the waist if needed. I recall going into BPS and trying every one one and the only one that I felt comfortable with around my 18.5" neck was the Mustang Elite.

5. Member
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...able-life-vest

I use that one and I'm 6'3 - 300lbs. It has room to spare.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

6. Member
    I had a mustang years ago and required the extender. They work great and I wore it all day when fishing the Bass Master Opens as a co-angler. But I will tell you in the packaging there is a note that claims wearing this extender does not meet USCG requirements. Not sure why but that is what mine said.

7. Member
    Jim, I use the Bass Pro A-24 life vest. Caught it on sale...

I'm 6'4", 280lbs. Very comfy...forget i have it on untill my fishing partner ask "why you still wearing your life jacket?"

8. Member
    I thought i was going to gain some good info for tall fat guys. I guess 6'10 400 lbs is taller and fatter

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runt4561 View Post
    I thought i was going to gain some good info for tall fat guys. I guess 6'10 400 lbs is taller and fatter
    Dang, if you'd grown a few more inches you mighta forked out again.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Most will accommodate up to 50+ in waist size, the trick is neck size - if you have a large neck the wrap around can get annoying over the day. The Mustang Elite models have a wider neck yoke design and are more comfortable in this regard. As mentioned you can also get an extender strap for the waist if needed. I recall going into BPS and trying every one one and the only one that I felt comfortable with around my 18.5" neck was the Mustang Elite.
    Thanks to all for the helpful replies. I actually was more concerned with length than girth. Regular size traditional life jackets don't come down very low, about midway down my back, and feels really awkward, especially when sitting behind the wheel. My tall size comes down a little lower. I guess maybe that might not be as noticeable with the inflatable though since there's less bulk all around. I'll check out the ones you guys mentioned.