Mercury warranty

3yrs mercury warranty
    2 yrs gold

Whats the best price to upgrade the gold to platinum making 5yrs.
    Also whats the cost to get 8yrs platinum. Not on mercurys web site either. Dealer cost.
    My dealer told me it was cheap. Around $300 to upgrade the gold to platinum. Prices im finding are higher.
    Thanks

2. Scraps
    I could look at my receipt, but that sounds cheaper than what I paid. I think "upgrade" was at least $500 and then quite a bit more to add years. Some dealer may be able to give you a cash price, but best I found was European Marine.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Banned
    I believe I wrote a check yesterday for 544$ For that Bill.

4. Member
    Appreciate the replys guys. Ill shop around.

Talk to Don about the cost. He can usually get really good prices on the upgrades.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind- cost is SERIAL NUMBER SPECIFIC. Drop me an email and I'll be glad to provide you a quote for PLATINUM coverage (specific to your engine serial number).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Go Platinum with this warranty on V8 engines. Powertrain will be as important as mechanical today as the engine powerheads will have a much higher success rate, and the lower units, trim and electrical are as large a risk now. Also keep a clean propeller on your rig.

edit:
    Sorry, this popped up on a inquiry service with a Mercury question, we didn’t realize it was on a Caymas board or we wouldn’t have commented.

8. Banned
    I have no problem with your with a comment on our board BCB, it is wise advice.

9. Member
    Platinum is the only way to go. My dealer said he threw in the 2 yrs gold, which I told him I didn't care for it. But gold allows for the upgrade now. I had already from reserch on all my Tritons to only get platinum to be safe.

Bcb, bbc welcomes your comments anytime. Sound advise sir, with good explanation. Caymas boats board welcomes dealers advise. Appreciate. Were all here to help.
    Bill

10. Member
    I have used Don Weed in the past - Definitely want the platinum

11. Member
    OK - Just picked up my 21CX...the gold is what I have..the price for Platinum coverage is 612 for 1 year, 750 for 2 years and 1423 for 3 years. it sez 1-12 months current prices, 13 to 24 mo - +125 and 25-36 mo +225 surcharge. The serial number is 2B689345.

thanks tom

12. Member
    I found the best prices I've seen anywhere. Thanks guys

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    OK - Just picked up my 21CX...the gold is what I have..the price for Platinum coverage is 612 for 1 year, 750 for 2 years and 1423 for 3 years. it sez 1-12 months current prices, 13 to 24 mo - +125 and 25-36 mo +225 surcharge. The serial number is 2B689345.

thanks tom
    you have listed 3 yrs platinum for $1423. It that with mercury 3 yrs plus you have 2 yrs gold now. You meaning you can upgrade what you have to total 8 yrs for $1423? If so pm me the place.

14. Banned
    Recommend emailing Mercury Product Protection at mpp.support@mercmarine.com. I just upgraded to 5 years Platinum coverage for $325.25.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post

thanks tom
    I think you are getting the shaft.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Recommend emailing Mercury Product Protection at mpp.support@mercmarine.com. I just upgraded to 5 years Platinum coverage for $325.25.
    You actually would have upgraded your 2 year GOLD to Platinum for that price (your engine already has 3 years of FACTORY WARRANTY).

Mercury's Product Protection Department (mpp.support@mercmarine.com) can assist you with RETAIL pricing only. Dealers can offer savings (discounted pricing)- some BBC Sponsors (such as myself) offer special BBC Discounted Pricing.

With each year (from original purchase date) that passes there are automatic surcharges applied. If you're upgrading a GOLD plan... and then adding PLATINUM coverage, that's TWO contracts with TWO surcharges. This is one significant reason why pricing MUST be checked by engine serial number (as it is specific to each engine size, the current plans in place, and what the start/end date of the Factory Warranty are).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor