Thinking of buying new boat

I owned a 1999 Stratos 201 Pro Elite w/200 Evinrude for years and enjoyed it. I got rid of it a several years ago and went to a CC Bay Boat, Nautic Star 224 w/ Yamaha 250 SHO. I love the motor but not crazy about boat, can’t get in skinny water but rides well in rough water. Fish mostly Lay, Logan Martin, Guntersville, Wheeler, Wilson and Pickwick. Going back to Bass Boat and wanting to get a good balance between comfort and performance. Speed is not huge issue, more concerned with ride quality and fish-ability. Price is always a concern but looking to spend around $75k or less. Like what I see from Caymas, I also like what I’ve seen at Vexus. Any input would be appreciated from those of you that have switched from other brands like Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat, Triton etc... Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Member
    Earl built your first boat. Earl is building your last boat. Drives and fishes perfect. Im coming from 5 Tritons. I choose Caymas over Triton this time around.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I've came from 2 Triton's. I like my cx 20 pro better than any boat I've owned. Rides, fishes and performs great.

4. Banned
    I loved the nine tritons I had and still think they are good boats, Earl has built the best rig on the water right now hands down. I’ve been in them all and hands down my Caymas is the best I’ve been in and it help being able to talk directly with Earl and Barry. First class operation from top to bottom.

5. Member
    Thanks for everyone’s replies. Now I just have to decide on CX20 Pro or CX21 Pro, colors and options. Thanks again.

6. Member
    Links below showing all colors and both boats in specifications thread. Let us know if we can help.

When I finally buy a new boat Caymas CX18 will be on my short list. The layout looks fantastic and I really like that they don't carpet the storage.

I will not be buying an aluminum boat because I want to be able to fish in any weather including the wind. Most aluminum boats get blow around in the wind, whether you have an Ultrex or not. I especially do not like the way the Trackers and Vexus sit nose high.

8. Member
    Gotta love them no carpet compartments

9. Member
    I just ordered a cx21pro you really don’t have to add anything because they are pretty much already loaded. Coming out of a Phoenix I’ll see how it goes

10. Member
    Congratulations

11. Member
    Congratulations!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

12. Member
    I pulled the trigger and ordered my CX 21 Pro today with Yamaha 250 SHO. Thanks for the help making my decision.

13. Member
    Cool. Hope its the best boat you've ever owned

14. Member
    I pulled the trigger and ordered my CX 21 Pro today with Yamaha 250 SHO. Thanks for the help making my decision.

Did you get it from Blue Water Marine in Pelham

15. Banned
    Congrats to the new Caymas guys, your going to really like them.

16. Member
    No, I got it from Bucks Island in Southside.

17. Member
    Didn't know Bucks sold them. Bucks is good people to deal with.

18. Member
    I wasn’t impressed with Bluewater so went to Bucks Island, it a little bit of a drive but a good dealer is worth it. Earl Bentz was at Bucks Island doing test rides last Friday.