Re-carpet 1999 Nitro 205 Fish and Ski

My daughter and I are re- carpeting the family boat that we bought brand new in 99. We have been following post from others and so far so good. We got 24oz carpet from Basscat and it is plush (Yes we will shave the lids). Going to use DAP contact cement to secure it. One thing I ran into though is as we were cleaning old glue residue in the boat under both consoles is a thick build up of something and it was there from time boat was new. Im not sure if I should scrape it off or not as it starts off thin but gets pretty thick. Look at pictures please and let me know what you think... The rest of the boat is smooth as a baby's butt :)

20200503_130339.jpg20200503_130405.jpg

2. Member
    Looks like excess resin. Hit it with a sander just to knock down the high points or spurs and call it good. Doesn't have to be perfect, just relatively smooth and clean
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645

Lightly sand smooth and leave alone!!! This is where they join the topcap and console to the floor. That is filler used to quick clean up the surface for carpet. Do not scrape it up as you’ll get into the thin layers of glass tape that bind the top to the floor.

4. Member
    Thanks thats the info I was needing! Greatly appreciate the replies