Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone run a 23 or 24 fury or tempess yet

I'm running a 25 fury on my cx20 pro. It doesn't come out of the hole good for me. Top end is good and midrange. I think I could benefit from one of above props. I'd rather have proformace through out take off, mid range to 60 over top end speed. I'm on Ky Lake about 3 times a week just playin and testing this boat. Ky lake gets rough.
    Thanks

2. Banned
    I like the Tempest plus on my last two tritons with the new motor better than the fury. Holeshot was much better and still had top end. I just picked up the black and red boat that was at the classic and it has the Tempest on it and I’m breaking it in tomorrow on Fork and I’ll let you know how it is on this Caymas.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    I like the Tempest plus on my last two tritons with the new motor better than the fury. Holeshot was much better and still had top end. I just picked up the black and red boat that was at the classic and it has the Tempest on it and I’m breaking it in tomorrow on Fork and I’ll let you know how it is on this Caymas.
    I appreciate it

4. Banned
    Bill, i did the break in and I strongly recommend the Tempest. After my two hours I ran up to 71 very quick and still had a little room but let off. Holeshot and midrange is outstanding as well.

Now here’s my opinion, after having a CX 21 with the SHO and this new CX 21 with the Merc. Without a doubt the Mercury is better in every way. I was actually running a Tempest on the sho because I couldn’t keep a Yamaha prop on it, had two new props in the first seven hours.

5. Member
    What size Tempest

6. Banned
    24 is want came on it and it seems to be the right one.

7. Member
    Mines a cx20pro. Came with a 25 fury. Wondering if caymas came down to 24 cause of the weight difference of the cx21. All the other caymas boats with mercury I've seen came with fury props. Good to know a Tempest also works. Trying to get my dealer to give me a few props to try. Appreciate the feedback. The 25 fury on this cx20pro has to be gradually hole shot to get up. Once on plane its strong in every range. I have the viper touch screen gages. Reads 45% fuel, 2 people, all my tackle, gear,during testing.

8. Banned
    The tempest is better than the fury, I’ve been running them for a couple years instead of the Fury. You will notice a big difference in performance. Yesterday I was 100% fuel and did the two hours fully loaded with the liveweels full and my 16yo son. After the two hours, viper showed 82% fuel and let her rip and run to 71 in a hurry, lift was really good and still had some room to go but let off. This boat had no chine at all, holeshot is really good but midrange is where it stands out with the mercury. I honestly believe the Tempest will impress you, those fury props aren’t that good of a prop.

9. Member
    Sounds good. I was going to ask you if you had tryed a fury on any of those boats. Another question for ya. You say you have the viper touch screen. Can yours read fuel amount at gas station with just the key being turned on. Mine won't read without motor running. Also mine showed enģine hours, but now doesn't. Also mine doesn't show water pressure. Heard mercury doesn't install the sensor in motor. The dealer is suppose to install it and calibrate the gage to read it for free. Caymas is suppose to start installing that water pressure sensor at plant, so gage reads. Also did yours come with "viper steering wheel" with push buttons? Love to see a photo.

10. Banned
    Yesterday was the first day I’ve messed with the viper system, my other Caymas didn’t have it so I have a lot to learn. I do know I couldn’t find the hours on it but I still have a lot to learn about it. The video posted on the other thread on here with the black boat from Texas boat world is the boat I’m in now, it was the show boat at the classic.

11. Banned
    Forgot, this does not have the push buttons on the stearing wheel.

12. Member
    Word is Europe is working on steering wheel to adapt it for a better, user friendly trim, and hydraulic trim levers. Better application for Caymas boats. Boats not coming with steering wheels with gage buttons. It is the viper steering wheels though.

13. Banned
    My jakplate trim is a button under the panel switches because they say it won’t fit in the viper steering column.

14. Member
    Just picked-up my CX21/Merc and it came with a 23 Fury. Took out yesterday to get seat time and learn how to manage both the jack plate and trim. Unfortunately, I can't provide much more at this time.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    Just picked-up my CX21/Merc and it came with a 23 Fury. Took out yesterday to get seat time and learn how to manage both the jack plate and trim. Unfortunately, I can't provide much more at this time.
    Congratulations. How did that 23 fury lift the front of your boat on hold shot? Does the bow come way up high on take off?

16. Member
    Bill, I'm getting seat time during break-in period....and learnig where to place the jack plate and trim..but my first few times..yes the bow was high..but it was my error as I punched the 250 ...now I feather and get a much more desirable response.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    Bill, I'm getting seat time during break-in period....and learnig where to place the jack plate and trim..but my first few times..yes the bow was high..but it was my error as I punched the 250 ...now I feather and get a much more desirable response.
    Appreciate the feed back.

18. Member
    I am running a 24 inch Fury on my Caymas CX-21 Pro. It does not raise the nose high on my hole shot. I have found that my Caymas likes to run with the jack plate sitting around 4-5 on the trim gauge with a tournament load and full tank of gas. It could be because I am running 4 group 31 equivalent Lithium batteries. I only have 7 hours on the engine so far but have achieved 70.5 mph so far. My 25 Fury worked by Mark Croxton would only get me to 5750-5800 RPM and 65-66 mph. I have purchased a 23 inch Fury and a 4 blade 24 inch Fury but have not taken either of them out of the box yet.
    CAYMAS1

19. Member
    Really nice seeing and hearing this type of feed back

20. BBC SPONSOR
    I would like to try a 24 tempest. My worked 25 tempest with me and my fishing partner with a half a tank of gas we got 74 on a local lake. I was turning almost 6000 rpm. The more I've got to run my boat the more I feel the 25 fury is way to stiff of a prop for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast