Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm trying a 24 tempess next week at Caymas plant. My 25 fury isn't the right prop for me.

2. Member
    My dual console CX20 with the Merc came with a 25 Fury. Rpm’s were way to low so we tried a 24 Fury and it was much better. Jumped 400 rpm’s and top end speed of 73.5 with a full tank of gas, 2 people and gear. Handled better too..

3. Member
    Talked with caymas plant yesterday. Talked about props and boat lean. Moving batteries to level loads running under 35mph. Caymas said no one had said their boats did this and the props were right. Said out of building 120 cx20 boats they all ran level and perfect. I told them mine also runs level and perfect at faster speeds to. I told them my boat was over proped with the 25 fury. To stiff and made my boat bow come way up on holeshot. Were going to work on it to dial it in with different prop.I'll be dropping it off next week for a few issues. Customer feed back like this is how we get it right.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I honestly cant see a 25 fury working on a 20 cx (with a merc 4stroke) unless you drove it alone and almost empty. I would like to try a 24 tempest plus and a 24 fury. For now the 25 tempest that I had worked for my Triton works pretty well. Have a feeling a 24.5 tempest would be perfect.

5. Member
    Ill be trying the 24 Tempest this week on my cx20 pro. Ill report back

6. Member
    Bill, I would really appreciate what the folks say at Caymas regarding the props. I have a 23 Fury that came with the 21 CX. I have a 25 Tempest Plus and a 24 Fury from my Triton 20. Just like to know which is the best....maybe I need to set the jack at a level and just work the trim.

thanks

tom

7. Banned
    both of my CX 21’s like the jackplate way down, I really think the 23 Tempest is gonna be a little much and the 25 isn’t gonna be enough. Out of the three you mentioned the 24 May be your best and if you can try a 24 Tempest I’d say do it, my boat is near perfect with that prop on it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    Bill, I would really appreciate what the folks say at Caymas regarding the props. I have a 23 Fury that came with the 21 CX. I have a 25 Tempest Plus and a 24 Fury from my Triton 20. Just like to know which is the best....maybe I need to set the jack at a level and just work the trim.

thanks

tom
    Just got back from Caymas plant. They said they run 24 furys on cx21s and fury 25s on cx 20s. 24s also on their 18ft boat in testing. When I pick my boat up, we are going to run it on lake behind plant, and see where we are at. I mention 24 Tempest on it like caymas 250 recommend. They said they only have fury props. They also are testing and running the fury 4 blade props with great results. They are supposed to come up with a Tempest 24, along with the 24 fury 3 blade and 4 blade props. I have a Manuel jack plate with motor mounted in number 2 bolt hole. I'll report back.

9. Member
    I just changed my 25 Fury out to a 24 Fury on my CX20 with Mercury. With the 25, full tank of gas, 2 full live wells, Two people 180lb and 230 lb and a full load of fishing equipment I could only get 5650 RPM at 66 MPH. It would not come out of the hole for 7-8 seconds. I also have Talons.
    inow have the 24 Fury. I can now with full tank of gas, 2 full live wells, all the fishing gear, two people and Talons, I am getting 73 easy. I’m quite certain that I can get 75 with empty live wells and 3/4 tank of fuel. I could not be any happier with the performance now. Oh and also this is all at 5850-5900 RPM.

10. Member
    Have a CX21 with a Fury 24. This past weekend, loaded with both live wells full and 1/2 tank of fuel, we were averaging 67/68
    at 5800 rpm. Think we could do 71 or so if we could get rpms up. Going to test a 24 and 23 tempest. What is the pvs setup on your props? Mine are all wide open.

11. Member
    I think most are getting 72 to 74 out of that cx21 with load. I just ran my cx 20 pro yesterday in 74 to 76 with 24 fury. I still have really bad hole shot though loaded and 1/2 tank fuel. I haven't ran any tempest props yet. I will tho.

12. Member
    With the 24 Fury on the CX21, the hole shot is not great but not bad. Running pvs wide open. If you block them off, hole
    shot is poor. The boat has a lot of lift and it runs best with the jack plate down low. Have seen 69 mph from
    the boat a couple of times, but 67/68 consistently. Just need to try some props that can get us a few more MPH. Little surprised that the Fury 24 will only turn 5800 rpm.

13. Banned
    First I would encourage to stop getting your Fury's BluePrinted, the X7 Alloy in them wont accept trying to modify unlike the Tempest that loves some prop work. Had multiple Furys crack and run slower after people tried having them Worked. If you have a Tempest or Fury with the Balancing Tabs in them get rid of it, they add incorrect weight to the prop and they try to reassure you its the same as with balancing tabs on a vehicle but the science behind it does not work the same, you are simply covering up an unbalanced prop with heavy tabs instead of melting the prop back down and doing it right. They are suppose to stay attached to the prop and have had multiple come off, also have had a few guys get rid of the prop with balancing tabs for one without them and pick up .5mph-2mph at the most. You CX21 guys need 24 Furys and have them sent off to have the blades shaved that's it, a stock 23 Fury may run you high in RPMS and if you go past 6200rpms on Merc Pro Xs you arent going to get anything more as it has reached wide open throttle at 6200rpms. You can feel it cut off around 6250-6300 and your done. I have CX21's running shaved 24 and 25 Furys with the 2 degree positive wedges running 74-76mph tournament load 5900-6100rpms with amazing lift. One has lithium's the other doesn't and there is no speed difference in them, mainly noticed in holeshot with livewells full lithium boat got up quicker. Earl designed this boat to run with correct weight in specific spots. You CX20 guys need to send your 25 Furys off and have them shaved or run a 24 Fury shaved on the heavy load. Tempest as we all know is the holy grail so get the right pitch and swing low sweet chariot. I seen so many similar numbers from people as I do on here and after trial and error testing some people have been able to get back upto mid 70's all day long and some upper 70's with superior drivability and lift.

I have ran my old Demo CX20 81mph @5950rpms livewells full half fuel 1 person and light tournament load. 26 Fury 3 JackPlate Gauge @ 4 which to date according to Caymas is the fastest CX20 production model only changing props.
    Another CX20 I ran 79.4 @ 6200rpms Fury 24 Livewells full half tank fuel 1 person again light tournament load. JackPlate Gauge @ 3-5
    Both 20's Dual Console runs were made in January and March 300' above sea level.

CX21 Single Console 25 Fury 1 person 2 Degree wedges livewells full and 3/4 fuel Group 31 Regular Batteries 76MPH @5900rpms
    24 Fury Runs 74-75 with 1 or 2 persons at Blast off.
    Last edited by bentzboatwhisperer; 10-14-2021 at 12:32 PM.

14. Member
    Great info. Ive read reports on the styles of weight types being used in the props. Ive tested 24/25 tempest plus not worked. Tested 23/24/25 fury props spring of 2020. Cx20 mercury. Agm batteries. Ghost trolling motor, dule console. Fury 24 run 78.9 once in perfect conditions, with water current, live wells empty, 1 person, 1/2 tank fuel. It easily runs 74 to 76 bout anytime. I added a hole shot plate and now hole shot is pretty good. I used viper guage and Mercury vessel view to see hole shot difference. Boat does lift really great. It does run out of trim. The 2 degree wedges would help that, but I dont really need them. Im running between 55/65 about with the best absolute best handling. I've yet to see any serious Shine walk out of this boat yet it handles flawlessly for my style of driving. Every boat's different. Every boat haul is different just by a bit. The overall handling and performance of the boat very good. Home run with these boats. My conclusion with this boat in general the, 24 fury not worked in any way was the best performing prop of all the ones I tested on this boat, for my purposes. Good luck to all and best

15. Member
    After we last spoke, I installed 2 degree wedges last night and dropped the motor down to second hole from the top on my CX21. It was mounted in the 3rd hole from the top and felt like I couldn't get full range on Atlas JP. Going to run it tomorrow with both props (24 Fury and Bravo 1 FS 25.5, both stock). We'll see how she runs and I'll report how both perform with the changes.

16. Member
    I was able to get out today and run both props after installing Bob's 2 degree wedges. Set up is a CX21, Mercury 250 ProXS, no power poles, crank battery is AGM, 4 Ionic lithiums, took the passenger console off, Ghost TM, 2 12" displays bow mounted, fully tournament loaded for 2 fishermen, 60% fuel, live wells full and two 220 lb guys. Air temp was 75 and water temp was 71. Ran on a local mountain lake, so altitude was 1460 feet, which I am sure made a difference.

Ran Bravo 1 FS 25.5 prop first - very responsive, on pad in 3-4 seconds, felt like it held the boat to the water really well and acceleration was excellent. Top speed was 70 at 5840 rpms. It would run up to 70 quickly and run very solid, but that's all I could get out of this prop at numerous JP and trim ranges. I really liked the feel of this prop and maybe a 25 pitch would have been better. One thing worth noting is that I could trim down some to get across small wind chop today and only lose 2 mph, so could run 68 with trim down at 4.5-4.6, which made the handling on the chop really nice.

Ran Fury 24 stock second - as expected, not as responsive, on pad in 6-7 seconds with decent acceleration. Top speed was 73 at 5760 rpms. With this prop it took probably 20 seconds or so longer to get to the top end. Any trim down from max and speed dropped more with this prop than the Bravo 1. I am quite sure we will get 75 on one of our lower altitude lakes. We got 71 in the Delta, which is virtually sea level before adding the 2 degree wedges and I could only get 69 on this mountain lake previously. Also, as expected, the Fury likes to run deep and I had to lower the JP 1.5"-2" lower than where I ran our best speed on the Bravo 1.

All-in-all, I'm really happy that I installed the 2 degree wedges. Not sure which prop I am going to use as #1. Maybe consider what bentzboatwhisperer suggested on prop shaving, although I don't know exactly what that means yet? I am assuming it means reducing the size of the blades as opposed to changing the pitch. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by papatuel; 10-17-2021 at 07:49 PM.

17. Banned
    Papatuel glad to gear the wedges worked out! Will be interesting to see what the boat does at lower elevation. shaving the blades on the fury will help it spin up better and spin faster. If you are still unable to get the rpms up I would recommend going back to stock mounted motor hole only because thats where we are seeing the 21’s run best, but if you get good results at the better elevation you may have started a Revolution lol.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentzboatwhisperer View Post
    First I would encourage to stop getting your Fury's BluePrinted, the X7 Alloy in them wont accept trying to modify unlike the Tempest that loves some prop work. Had multiple Furys crack and run slower after people tried having them Worked. If you have a Tempest or Fury with the Balancing Tabs in them get rid of it, they add incorrect weight to the prop and they try to reassure you its the same as with balancing tabs on a vehicle but the science behind it does not work the same, you are simply covering up an unbalanced prop with heavy tabs instead of melting the prop back down and doing it right. They are suppose to stay attached to the prop and have had multiple come off, also have had a few guys get rid of the prop with balancing tabs for one without them and pick up .5mph-2mph at the most. You CX21 guys need 24 Furys and have them sent off to have the blades shaved that's it, a stock 23 Fury may run you high in RPMS and if you go past 6200rpms on Merc Pro Xs you arent going to get anything more as it has reached wide open throttle at 6200rpms. You can feel it cut off around 6250-6300 and your done. I have CX21's running shaved 24 and 25 Furys with the 2 degree positive wedges running 74-76mph tournament load 5900-6100rpms with amazing lift. One has lithium's the other doesn't and there is no speed difference in them, mainly noticed in holeshot with livewells full lithium boat got up quicker. Earl designed this boat to run with correct weight in specific spots. You CX20 guys need to send your 25 Furys off and have them shaved or run a 24 Fury shaved on the heavy load. Tempest as we all know is the holy grail so get the right pitch and swing low sweet chariot. I seen so many similar numbers from people as I do on here and after trial and error testing some people have been able to get back upto mid 70's all day long and some upper 70's with superior drivability and lift.

I have ran my old Demo CX20 81mph @5950rpms livewells full half fuel 1 person and light tournament load. 26 Fury 3 JackPlate Gauge @ 4 which to date according to Caymas is the fastest CX20 production model only changing props.
    Another CX20 I ran 79.4 @ 6200rpms Fury 24 Livewells full half tank fuel 1 person again light tournament load. JackPlate Gauge @ 3-5
    Both 20's Dual Console runs were made in January and March 300' above sea level.

CX21 Single Console 25 Fury 1 person 2 Degree wedges livewells full and 3/4 fuel Group 31 Regular Batteries 76MPH @5900rpms
    24 Fury Runs 74-75 with 1 or 2 persons at Blast off.
    Interesting.. Curious what kind of loss you get out of the hole with a shaved prop?

19. Banned
    Actually it was a little better especially with the 25 Fury allowed it to spin up faster, the 24 Fury noticed it pickup better too, thats somewhat the point behind shaving a fury is A. Allowing a bigger pitch or normal pitch to spin up faster and B. Cutting faster to improve some rpm and speed. Less drag on prop. Like a dull knife vs sharpened knife.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentzboatwhisperer View Post
    Actually it was a little better especially with the 25 Fury allowed it to spin up faster, the 24 Fury noticed it pickup better too, thats somewhat the point behind shaving a fury is A. Allowing a bigger pitch or normal pitch to spin up faster and B. Cutting faster to improve some rpm and speed. Less drag on prop. Like a dull knife vs sharpened knife.
    Got it, thanks for the reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12