Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    that is a good question I have for you local boys,is there a logical explanation as to why Oneida is the only place that wind consistenly blows out of the east majority of the time,any other lakes its predomitly the west or a variation of the west,it must have something to do with the tug plateau and lake Ontario,just thought id ask
    Download the Windfinder app. It will show you the wind currents visually and you’ll see how any east wind is funneled directly down the lake. Even south winds can become easterly when they get to Oneida. It looks like the hills south of Syracuse have a big influence on the wind.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    Agreed, I had that lake to myself 10-15 years ago. It was a blast. Then it somehow a 5 mile long lake became a destination for clubs all over the northeast. Its like a mini Oneida, I have boats get within a cast away everytime I catch a fish. It'll probably get even worse once the public launch is open.
    Then you remember how the fishing went to crap for 3 years about 10 years ago. I believe it was because of all the fishing pressure after BASS had their tournament in 2008 on Onondaga for the top 12 (first 2 days were on Oneida). After that every club in the northeast had a tournament on Onondaga. Then the bite got so bad all the clubs stopped fishing there. Heck even I stopped fishing it even though I lived 5 minutes from the ramp at the time. Eventually the lake got good again and I fear we are repeating the cycle.

They actually wait for you to catch a fish before coming within a cast away? Even if I’m not catching them, people still come in on me. Last time I was there I could only see one other boat on the lake and of course it was right next to me. This was even on a weekday so no “I’m in a tournament” excuse for fishing the bent pole pattern.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

3. Member
    Yes true.... happen here too.. crazy ... there are numbers of fish all over that lake ..
    maybe don’t want what your throwing ...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

Any results from Saturday?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    Hear there was one on Onondaga tooo

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/35567897464...D3RrsNmeym&d=n

if that link doesn’t work, go to Douglas Rods Facebook page.

22 lbs won it. It was windy, probably why the weights were on the low side. There was a 26 lb and a 24 lb bag from the same boat in a pro/am club tournament out out of the same launch a couple of weeks ago.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Yes true.... happen here too.. crazy ... there are numbers of fish all over that lake ..
    maybe don’t want what your throwing ...
    Exactly, Onondaga isn’t a “spot” lake. It’s not a hard lake to find fish, they are everywhere there are decent weeds. No need to come in on anyone.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

8. Member
    I remember, and the write up made it sound like they stumbled on the honey hole of all honey holes. Imagine that event happening today lol. I don't think it was as bad as it is now. I actually don't take my boat there too often, I usually take the kayak there, great lake for it. I'll keep going because of the convenience. I do fish tournaments, not often on Onondaga, but obviously I can't complain about people fishing tournaments on it. I think you're right that it's so small that it'll get tough (similar to Otisco) and after a couple tough tournaments the out of town clubs might decide that a little polluted lake sandwiched between two highways and a waste water treatment plant isn't worth the drive. However a tough day on Onondaga is still an easy day on Oneida - that's the lake that I'd expect see the biggest swing in attention from club tournaments in the coming years.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post

Results are up now... https://douglasoutdoors.com/spin-cas...g-money-opens/

10. Member
    18 boats?? Ouch

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    18 boats?? Ouch
    ya I was very surprised but believe ABA went out of french creek same day could be wrong heard it here not sure how many they had..

12. Member
    There really needs to be fall opens on the river. Get it planned for Next year and 4 times as many boats will show up. Clayton has hotels and places to eat. Launch anywhere and have the weigh in at the town park on the water. Also how about some Sunday tournaments for people who actually work on saturdays.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    29.28 won crazy...lunker was a piglet @ 7.22.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    are those 2 day totals

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    are those 2 day totals
    no 1, 1st day ( saturday) was cancelled due to small craft advisory by coast guard.. they only fished sunday.

17. Member
    not sure what the weather was Sunday but looking at the weights these guys must have had a blast, with 12 of 19 teams over 20 pounds and several fish over 6 pounds that makes for some fun.......as long as Erie was not kicking that is. Also thats all in US waters Canada is still off limits. Great job to the guys that fished, i see several locals names on the results list.

18. Member
    2021 Douglas Rods - Big Money Opens. 2-Man Team Format | $300 Entry
    Full Schedule/Entry Pg > https://douglasoutdoors.com/spin-casting-rods/big-money-opens

Tournament #1 – Oneida Lake
    SATURDAY, JUNE 19TH, 2021

Tournament #2 – Cayuga Lake
    SUNDAY, JULY 18TH, 2021

Tournament #3 – Keuka Lake
    SATURDAY, AUGUST 14TH, 2021

Tournament #4 – Lake Erie
    SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2021

19. Member
    Pretty good schedule, looks like hitting all the right lakes at the right time. Keuka is definitely one that doesn’t see a ton of tournament pressure, atleast not that I know of
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Member
    Saturdays, guess the big money guys don't work weekends.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast