Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    mark my words this will be the one time it rips out of the west at daybreak,not the east
    Of course then it'll make things feel like normal haha

2. Member
    that is a good question I have for you local boys,is there a logical explanation as to why Oneida is the only place that wind consistenly blows out of the east majority of the time,any other lakes its predomitly the west or a variation of the west,it must have something to do with the tug plateau and lake Ontario,just thought id ask

3. Member
    I think it blows out of the east alot at other lakes too it's just the way the lake is layed out that an east wind creates big waves. Not alot of lakes run due west to east and are as shallow as Oneida. I'm sure the west end of lake Ontario gets insane as well on an east wind. Thing is most of us fish the east end on ontario so don't notice it. Oneida has the ability to generate her own wind as well especially when the water and air temps are far apart. I can be in the yard looking at the most violent east wind you've ever seen and then walk around the house a block up the street and it's dead calm. Lake is just mean and that's why it's so dangerous

4. Member
    ya I never knew that lake could get like that,ive been fishing erie for 30+years so I have a pretty educated guess on wave heights,2 years ago I got caught in legit 4-5 footers on Oneida I was amazed

5. Member
    Yup.. and can happen in a heart beat..if your not careful.Calm one min then 2-3 footers the next

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Yup.. and can happen in a heart beat..if your not careful.Calm one min then 2-3 footers the next
    yes sir, Oneida has taken many lives! That lake is no joke when it gets rough

7. Member
    What club was on Onondaga lake yesterday

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

8. Member
    I think copper city out of Rome either fished yesterday or today at Onondaga.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    Anyone now weight .. see a lot of guys running but nothing caught...

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

10. Member
    Who was on Onondaga Saturday.. about 20 teams out there

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    god that lakes getting hammered, ashame

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    god that lakes getting hammered, ashame
    There's hardly a lake in upstate New York that doesn't get hammered.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

13. Member
    Arcadia Bassmasters ran a tournament there on saturday
    1st - 19.11
    2nd - 19.05
    3rd - 17.92
    Lunker - 5.09
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    There's hardly a lake in upstate New York that doesn't get hammered.
    not like ononondaga.. not for its size. Sure cayuga, oneida etc gets hammered much bigger lakes can take it better.. whats onondaga 4 miles long...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    not like ononondaga.. not for its size. Sure cayuga, oneida etc gets hammered much bigger lakes can take it better.. whats onondaga 4 miles long...
    I agree.. year ago Onondaga had a fraction of the pressure it does today because of reputation of it being so polluted. Just within the past 6-7years tournaments are slowly increasing there and now there’s a tournament there every Saturday and Sunday from June to September and a few die hards in October. Throw in the Wednesday nighters and out of state traffic, the lake just can’t handle the pressure.

It’s just like a few of the Madison county lakes that are about a mile long. About 10 years ago you’d never see more than 3 trailers in the lot that were fisherman and if there was a bass boat on the water It was a surprise. Now the ramps are so packed people are parking along the road and the weights went from 20lb bags to 10lb bags.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Agreed, I had that lake to myself 10-15 years ago. It was a blast. Then it somehow a 5 mile long lake became a destination for clubs all over the northeast. Its like a mini Oneida, I have boats get within a cast away everytime I catch a fish. It'll probably get even worse once the public launch is open.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    Agreed, I had that lake to myself 10-15 years ago. It was a blast. Then it somehow a 5 mile long lake became a destination for clubs all over the northeast. Its like a mini Oneida, I have boats get within a cast away everytime I catch a fish. It'll probably get even worse once the public launch is open.
    totally agree, believe it or not I seen some people swimming and tubing this year lol. ( not sure if they survived few days after) They will hurt onondaga for sure with all these tournaments I have seen a decline in the fishing mid last year and into this year for sure. Sure I have 15 thru 20 pound bag days still but the fishing ifor sure is not like it was even 3 years ago. It cant handle 3 or more tournaments a week IMO. Ive seen 2 on sat 1 on sunday and the wed nighter thats 4 tournaments in a week!!! On a 4 mile long lake. Sure you have the river added as well makes it a little bigger, but there going to ruin, and are currently runing a great thing. Ive tried talking to salt city about moving the wed nighter off there, they dont wanna hear it.

18. Member
    Been fishing Onondaga lake for more than 25 yrs.. last 6-8 yrs .. there are 4x the tournaments. More Than ever ..
    I would go the ramp and see 6-8 boats Any given Time.. crazy .. how the word gets out and everyone jumps right
    in.. Even getting the PA guys up fishing .. I’ve seen 2 tournaments at one going out of there at once .. about 35 boats ..

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Been fishing Onondaga lake for more than 25 yrs.. last 6-8 yrs .. there are 4x the tournaments. More Than ever ..
    I would go the ramp and see 6-8 boats Any given Time.. crazy .. how the word gets out and everyone jumps right
    in.. Even getting the PA guys up fishing .. I’ve seen 2 tournaments at one going out of there at once .. about 35 boats ..
    yes sir more then 1 on any given sat or sunday.. tons of PA Clubs coming to Daga.

20. Member
    2 groups out on Onondaga Saturday.. PA Guys 18# won.. other group
    ..with 15.87 won with 5,67 LM ..

great job all
    elven the lake was sprayed , with now no weeds in lake...

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast