Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got my prop back from Tim on friday and was able to run it this past saturday. It is much better! Bow has proper lift now. I guess the mods he did were the trick. didnt try to max out top end yet. maybe this weekend.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

UPDATE: PROP SLUNG A BLADE ON 06/13. This was only the 5th time running it. Very disappointed in this outcome. Dont think i will be using them again in the future. HOpefully i will not have a need to have a prop worked again.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    UPDATE: PROP SLUNG A BLADE ON 06/13. This was only the 5th time running it. Very disappointed in this outcome. Dont think i will be using them again in the future. HOpefully i will not have a need to have a prop worked again.
    It happens, I been runnning performer propellers for years. I have yet to find anything faster on my rig. There props are actually pretty durable compared to most.

I wouldn't count them out.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    It happens, I been runnning performer propellers for years. I have yet to find anything faster on my rig. There props are actually pretty durable compared to most.

I wouldn't count them out.
    This was my Bravo 1 XS that i sent to them to have minor scuffs repaired and add some pitch. i had the prop for two years prior.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

5. Member
    This was my Bravo 1 XS that i sent to them to have minor scuffs repaired and add some pitch. i had the prop for two years prior.
    I bet you up pitched? Personally i would never up pitch a prop, only down. To hard on the blades. I know some prop workers that will refuse to up pitch for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    I bet you up pitched? Personally i would never up pitch a prop, only down. To hard on the blades. I know some prop workers that will refuse to up pitch for that reason.
    Yes, i told him my boat would spin the 27p to 6100 rpm and i asked what might help. He said, "I know just what to do, I will add a little pitch to it." He never mentioned anything about it being hard on the blades.

Also, technically it didnt sling a blade. It just has a big stress crack in one of them. I discovered it before the blade came off. Not sure if its worth repairing as a spare or not.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

7. Member
    Yes, i told him my boat would spin the 27p to 6100 rpm and i asked what might help. He said, "I know just what to do, I will add a little pitch to it." He never mentioned anything about it being hard on the blades.

Also, technically it didnt sling a blade. It just has a big stress crack in one of them. I discovered it before the blade came off. Not sure if its worth repairing as a spare or not.
    Sorry i just noticed you had already said you up pitched before i asked.

You can get it fixed, but its a gamble. You could never have a issue again or it could sling/crack another blade. I had a prop crack a blade a few years ago, i got it fix. Never had a issue with it again.

8. Member
    I've had props repaired that lasted another 100 hours before cracking again and I've had them crack again in 2 trips. Usually, for the ones that lasted longer, they were younger props and it was their first time cracking. The ones that cracked again quickly had usually been repaired a couple of times, had lots of hours on them, and I think metal fatigue was the problem. If you don't have a spare it's definitely worth getting repaired to at least keep as a spare. It'll get you back home if you were to tear up your primary prop.

Thanks, i just bought a spare and i have a 26p Trophy Plus. The trophy is too small for this rig but i may get the Bravo crack fixed anyway.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

10. Member
    I would never run a cracked repaired prop , I could only imagine a blade flying off at top end hitting the cavitation plate never mind loosing control. My last rig I ran ET props two had hair line cracks I noticed while polishing them I sold each one for $100 the buyers fixed and ran them. Too risky.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Member
    I cracked a hydromotive. I asked Josh at Steve's if it could be repaired, he suggested against running it. We talked about it getting me back to the ramp in a pinch and he said it would be fine for that once welded so we did that and it is a backup now. If I have to use it I will not try to run it fast. My TXP blade hit the cavitation plate and the mid section. That sucked. I saw the blade flying through the air after it came off.

I agree with both assessments! I think it will sit in corner of my garage instead.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12