Thumbs Up First wake bait bite and my best numbers day yet

Things are turning on finally in southern New Hampshire. Few ups and downs between this trip and last night's trip, but this was one of my better days just due to numbers (and it's still not a ton of bass). But, still finding the quality, and I got my first wake bait bass. That Bull Shad bull wake bait is amazing, well worth the money.

2. Member
    What’s the water temp up there? Just fished this past weekend and we saw 49deg surface temps in the morn an 51 in the afternoon. All our fish were out in 8-16’ of water haha I haven’t had a chance to even throw a top water cause of the temps haha
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    What’s the water temp up there? Just fished this past weekend and we saw 49deg surface temps in the morn an 51 in the afternoon. All our fish were out in 8-16’ of water haha I haven’t had a chance to even throw a top water cause of the temps haha

All over the place. This particular day, main lake was 50-51 degrees, then I went into some back water. It's basically three tiers of back waters. 1st tier is the largest and "deepest" at 4-6 feet, and was 51-52. 2nd tier is like 1/3 the size of the 1st, and was 53-54. 3rd tier is basically a 150' circle that's 1-2 feet deep, and jumped to 56 degrees. That's where I hit those two top water bites. Well, bite and miss.

Got out Sunday and yesterday at a pond not far from the one in this video, just a lot smaller but deeper overall. Sunday it was 54 to start, and jumped to 58 by afternoon. Yesterday afternoon, I found 54-55 degree water. It's getting close. We're going to get some more cold nights this weekend though so it's going to knock it back a bit again.

4. Member
    all of Bucca's baits are money

5. Member

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    It's my first BIG money bait I've bought. I'll never get as crazy as those true swimbait guys get, that's not my style. It's just one more tool to add to the arsenal for when the conditions are right for it. Same deal with the BBZ 50 size rat I bought last year, and the River2Sea's 200 size glide bait. Just a few other options to throw when it feels like they'll be great for it.

Though I will say, I've been trying to force that glide bait a little bit harder than I should probably be. I know they can draw out big fish, even if they don't hit, you can at least get an idea of what's in the area. Then follow back through the area with more traditional stuff and see if they'll bite that. And if they DO bite, at least it'll likely be a monster...

7. Member
    Sean, if you don't mind sharing a little info, what IS the wake bait at 4:58 of this video, cuz I've done a lot of looking but can"t find one like that .....Thanks in advance

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    True dat.....I have a couple of his bull shads.....Haven't gotten any wake baits yet....Have had the pleasure to meet him and fish a tournament in his club. Helluva stick on the dead sea here....