Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    wow sounds terrible , I never heard of that. How does that happen ?
    Locked the back brake up in an emergency stop. Riding a fully loaded for camping Honda ST1100. I also had on good touring gear. I slid 200' down the asphalt on my stomach and somewhere along the way my head caught and flipped me over on my back. Seven broken ribs and complete tear of a right shoulder tendon. Only one small road rash where my left elbow came through the coat. Was small but you could see the elbow bone. Was 60 years old, now 69. Figured I couldn't take another crash.

I cringe when I see all the Harley riders riding with their women helmet-less and in a T-shirt. IMO a open face helmet is no better than no helmet.

The bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have an HJC cl-17 it's Snell 2015 rated great ventilation but loud. The Shoie is a great helmet but it doesn't fit the shape of my head.

3. Member
    I picked up a icon airframe pro helmet this spring. Really nice! 112$ on eBay nib. White construct. Was gonna pay 400$ for it till I found it on eBay. It's a little tight but you changed exchange head liners for a real good fit. Had a bell qualifier for 4 years. Very solid helmet, good price.

I don't wear a helmet in states where it's not required. I have a really small but DOT approved half helmet. When I was young a rode sport bikes I used Arai.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

5. Member
    My full face helmet is very loud. It amplifies the sound from the exhaust. I have to wear ear plugs with it unless I take the face shield off. Then it is quiet. My half helmet is quieter.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laketosea View Post
    Had a shoei for 5 years was great, last year went to an AGV, I think its more comfortable, but again no complaints on the Shoei.
    My last two full face helmets were AGV back when I rode sport bikes. Never had any complaints with them.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    im thinking of getting a better helmet.
    mine is a Harley Davidson helmet and its not a cheap one but not a really high dollar one either.
    after a long ride I have started to notice that I have some ringing in my ears a little.
    been doing a little reading on it and a lot say it is because of the wind noise from riding causing this and some helmets are better at this than others.
    so have been looking at a new helmet and looking at getting a good one this time and plan to get a Shoei RF-1200.
    from what reviews I have read this helmet is desiged to be more aero dynamic, better venting and also quieter.
    any of you by chance have this helmet?
    I just bought the RF1200 and love it. It has a lot of vents. If I open all of them at low speeds it is great. At high speeds I have to shut two of them or I have the same ringing in my ears.
    Chris
    <'))))><

8. Member
    I have ear plugs in my future.

9. Member
    Shoei RJ Platinum 3/4 helmet. I recognize the superior protection afforded by a full face, I'm just willing to accept the risk of a 3/4 helmet. If riding any significant distance I'll supplement it with ear plugs.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

10. Member
    Shoei GT Air
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

11. Member
    Shoei Neotech II and Arai XD4 depending on which bike im on.

I wear a Harley branded HJC half helmet with a pull down half sun shield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12