Any sooner lake updates/saugeye

I’m wanting to try to catch a few Saugeye for a upcoming fish fry. I’m still trying to figure them out, but I know at times you can get them pretty good at sooner lake. Curious if anybody’s fished it lately and if the Saugeye are active? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Banned
    Might try Bluestem over by Pawhuska. I've caught a few over there while bass fishing never targeted them but I might look into it.

The last couple weeks we have been catching several saugeye each trip while bass fishing but we have only had one that was over the 18” limit. I’ve had a hard time catching keeper saugeye there this year. Lots of 12-15” fish.

4. Member
    Seemed like everybody I talk to yesterday caught fish at multiple lakes, good day overall. I did go up to sooner, I had to weed through a few small ones but had no problem getting a limit of 6 decent 18” fish. I talked to three other fishing buddies, all fishing for LMB on three different lakes, all did well.
    FECE48D3-B6E6-44D4-B488-F1B130429CED.png

Yum!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    The saugeye have to be biting well on sooner...I’ve been catching plenty of good ones and they’re not what I’m fishing for.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    The saugeye have to be biting well on sooner...I’ve been catching plenty of good ones and they’re not what I’m fishing for.
    yup.... Funny how that works. Perfect example is while I was targeting Saugeye I hooked into a nice LMB. Made for a good day!

8. Member
    My last three trips to sooner, I’ve got my limit of 18 inch and larger saugeye within three hours. It’s been good